Community Forum

Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

"Thanks Needz"  My BTN2Go is missing and I tried to get it.  I could not long into The BTN2GO.comdevicereg. on Xfinity.  They told me it might be a week to bring the streaming in line.  I thought if the Channel was back on the BTN2GO should be available.  Hope Comcast Ted can give me a remedy.

Regular Visitor

All the support had to do was refresh my account on their end.  I think you got a bad support person.  Half of them are worthless.  I would call back.  Once you have the channel its just a matter of them refreshing your account to confirm the channel is in your lineup.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have not seen it in Stream pix in my channels tho. 

New Poster

Re: Big Ten Network

Great news. I just tuned it in on 1313. Watching MSU. Thanks
Frequent Visitor

Watching Badgers on ESPN; BTN likely next week.
Frequent Visitor

I am in Pennsylvania and subscribe to the sports package. BTN is in my channel lineup but it says I am not subscribed to it. What am I missing? I can't imagine a scenario where BTN would not be considered a sports channel.
Frequent Visitor

So I tried to find a way on the website to add Big Ten Network, and it to ld me I have to call customer service.  So I call the number, and the computer that answers the phone won't permit me to talk to an agent.  Tried to ask it about adding a channel and was told I should do this online.  The first PSU game is on BTN today and I'm getting seriously ticked off that I can't even get an answer about why I don't have BTN anymore or what  Iwould have to do to get it.

Regular Visitor

To get BTN2go to work I had to chat online with Comcast support...Asked for a refresh and got one.  BTN2go is now working so I can watch additional BTN games (with MAC teams).  

Tip:  make sure you don't have an ad/popup blocker on the BTN page.

Fire Up Chips!!

Frequent Visitor

So, Badgers won last night and I’m tuned into 1313 in Northern California. Believe me this Comcast channel is not HD. Just as fuzzy as 403. ComcastTed — a little help please.
Frequent Visitor

So I just got off the phone with Comcast and was told the only way I can get BTN is to go to the next tier, which is another $20/month.  It's completely ridiculous that BTN is not part of the sports package.  

Diamond Problem Solver

So, Badgers won last night and I’m tuned into 1313 in Northern California. Believe me this Comcast channel is not HD. Just as fuzzy as 403. ComcastTed — a little help please.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. I’ve had The sports package for years in Northern CA and it’s always been SD. Any plans to upgrade BYN to HD here?
New Poster

Re: Removing big ten network

This upcoming weekend all of the Atlanta area will be unable to see Ohio State Vs. Rutgers.  This is probably the stupidest decision of all time for a cable company to drop the BTN.  And your comments about removing the BTN from your programming is also the stupidest comment of all time. 

New Poster

By the way Comcast, you make enough $ off of me and all the other sports package subscribers to put the BTN back on the air!  I only opted for the sports package to get the BTN anyway.  It can't be worth all the grief you are getting now and will get in future weeks when Big 10 fans throughout the country will be unable to see their teams play.  If there's a cable tv Wall of Shame, you need to be the first one visible! 

Regular Contributor

But you do know everything is back on except the BTN2Go.

Official Employee

@WoodyEagle wrote:
I am in Pennsylvania and subscribe to the sports package. BTN is in my channel lineup but it says I am not subscribed to it. What am I missing? I can't imagine a scenario where BTN would not be considered a sports channel.

Pennsylvania is considered an in-footprint state for Big 10 Network (Penn State University). Therefore the network is included in Digital Starter in your area so that the network is available in more homes. 

In out-of-footprint markets like Florida, Big 10 Network is available as a part of the Sports Entertainment Package. 

Apologies  for any confusion we may have caused.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@BHSGrad wrote:

This upcoming weekend all of the Atlanta area will be unable to see Ohio State Vs. Rutgers.  This is probably the stupidest decision of all time for a cable company to drop the BTN.  And your comments about removing the BTN from your programming is also the stupidest comment of all time. 

Big 10 Network is available in your area on channels 297 and 1313 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package as of last Thursday. 

We do have an offer in your area right now where you can add the Sports Entertainment Package for $4.99 for 12 months. 

Enjoy the games. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@BHSGrad wrote:

By the way Comcast, you make enough $ off of me and all the other sports package subscribers to put the BTN back on the air!  I only opted for the sports package to get the BTN anyway.  It can't be worth all the grief you are getting now and will get in future weeks when Big 10 fans throughout the country will be unable to see their teams play.  If there's a cable tv Wall of Shame, you need to be the first one visible! 

Big 10 Network is available in your area on channels 297 and 1313 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package as of last Thursday.

We do have an offer in your area right now where you can add the Sports Entertainment Package for $4.99 for 12 months.

Enjoy the games.

Official Employee

@BHSGrad wrote:

Below is a link to the current schedule of televised NCAA football games.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-schedule-season-bowls-playoff/

@ON Saturday 9/8 Ohio State @ Rutgers is scheduled at 3:30pm ET on BTN, a network that Comcast offers in your area. Enjoy the games. 

Big 10 Network is available in your area on channels 297 and 1313 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package (as of last Thursday).

We do have an offer in your area right now where you can add the Sports Entertainment Package for $4.99 for 12 months. Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can get this package added on your account. 

Official Employee

@flight8 wrote:

But you do know everything is back on except the BTN2Go.

Apologies, are you still having issues with accessing BTN2Go? I asked a collegaue to review your account and see what's happening. Thanks for your patience.  

Regular Contributor

Teds,  Thanks so much.  I just tried logging in and it is back.  Great job in helping me.  It really is appreciated.  When anyone is away from their Favs and can't watch them; it's tough.  Glad to have been on the forum for Comcast on this and so glad our team won BIG Sat.  Hope to continue to get to now see all the games thanks in part to your great job with connection.

Regular Contributor

Thanks to COmcast Teds we now have all our services for Big 10 back and working including the BTN2GO.

Regular Contributor

We now have all our services back and price only went up $ 4.99 which was what I was paying before I cancelled out BTN portion AFTER Comcast dumped BTN.  Thanks to ComcastTeds we have all our services back up and running.

Regular Contributor

DKS,  Yes, definitely.  Biggest start of BTN in the country, not to say there aren't many others.

Interstate system brings everyone from main B10 area straight into FL whether east coast or west.

New Poster

I just re-signed for the sports package @ $4.99/month and Atlanta area residents should be able to get BTN on channel 1313 in HD.  Thanks Comcast but why the big secret?  I used to get BTN on channel 824 and now it is hidden where nobody goes on channel 1313.

Diamond Problem Solver

Your channels haven’t changed, you don’t have a linear HD Big 10 channel in your matket

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@WoodyEagle wrote:

Pennsylvania is considered an in-footprint state for Big 10 Network (Penn State University). Therefore the network is included in Digital Starter in your area so that the network is available in more homes. 

In out-of-footprint markets like Florida, Big 10 Network is available as a part of the Sports Entertainment Package. 

That would be great if it were in the Digital Starter, which I have.  Unfortunately it is in the Digital Preferred.  I have no problem with that, but it should ALSO be available in the Sports package for people who do not wish to spend an extra $20 per month for Preferred.  It defies all logic that it isn't.

Regular Contributor

Woody,  It seems to me like it should be.  Those of us out of footprint have to pay for not only the sports and entertainment pkg in the top tier but also have to pay $ 4.99 extra to have it at all.

Official Employee

@BHSGrad wrote:

@I just re-signed for the sports package @ $4.99/month and Atlanta area residents should be able to get BTN on channel 1313 in HD.  Thanks Comcast but why the big secret?  I used to get BTN on channel 824 and now it is hidden where nobody goes on channel 1313.

Glad you were able to get the Sports Entertainment Package at a discounted rate and were able to find BTN on ch. 1313 at it's new location; near CBS Sports Network  on ch. 1303, ESPNU on ch. 1301 and SEC network on 1321. 

Enjoy the games.  

Official Employee

@WoodyEagle wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@WoodyEagle wrote:

That would be great if it were in the Digital Starter, which I have.  Unfortunately it is in the Digital Preferred.  I have no problem with that, but it should ALSO be available in the Sports package for people who do not wish to spend an extra $20 per month for Preferred.  It defies all logic that it isn't.

Apologies for the confusion. From what I see, it looks as though you should already have BTN included as a part of your current level of service on channel 72 (also available in HD on  channel 1313). 

I've asked our Pennsylvania team to check into your account further.  Thanks for your patience. 

Under the terms of the agreement, Comcast will continue to offer Big Ten Network to its customers who reside in states with Big Ten universities (Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin).

Xfinity customers in Delaware, the District of Columbia, and the Northern Virginia/Beltway area will also continue to receive the network given their proximity to Big Ten schools.

In addition, customers outside of the Big Ten states will have access to the Big Ten Network as part of Comcast’s Sports and Entertainment Package.

Official Employee

@flight8 wrote:

Woody,  It seems to me like it should be.  Those of us out of footprint have to pay for not only the sports and entertainment pkg in the top tier but also have to pay $ 4.99 extra to have it at all.

Apologies, I'm confused about a few of your statements where you allude that you have to pay twice for BTN. Can you provide some details via PM (Private Message) on why you think this is? Thanks! 

To clarify - In Florida, BTN is included as a part of Sports Entertainment Package. You can add this package on to Digital Starter. Digital Preferred is not required to add the Sports Entertainment Package on your account.

Private Messages (PM’s)

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and look for the banner button that says “Send Me a A Message" near the upper right

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@WoodyEagle wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@WoodyEagle wrote:

Apologies for the confusion. From what I see, it looks as though you should already have BTN included as a part of your current level of service on channel 72 (also available in HD on  channel 1313). 

I've asked our Pennsylvania team to check into your account further.  Thanks for your patience. 

Under the terms of the agreement, Comcast will continue to offer Big Ten Network to its customers who reside in states with Big Ten universities (Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin).

Xfinity customers in Delaware, the District of Columbia, and the Northern Virginia/Beltway area will also continue to receive the network given their proximity to Big Ten schools.

In addition, customers outside of the Big Ten states will have access to the Big Ten Network as part of Comcast’s Sports and Entertainment Package.

Thanks for checking it out.

New Poster

Big10 Network

I live in Fort Pierce area of FL - zip code 34949 - i contacted Comcast to add the sports package and called again to verify but i still see Big10 network on 1313 saying i need subscription.  I check my account and it appears nothing has been added.  When i call, everyone says be patient with addition of Big10 network but it appears to be on in Florida from info reading in this forum.   I received the email that states changes were made but when i open the $ 4.99 package is still not on the bill??

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

New Poster

Re: Big10 Network

Comcast Ted - how about Arizona?  85750

I spoke with Customer Service today via phone and chat - to see if I added Sports Package back - whether BTN would be part of it -- they conclusively said no.  

Thanks

Official Employee

@amilespsu wrote:

I live in Fort Pierce area of FL - zip code 34949 - i contacted Comcast to add the sports package and called again to verify but i still see Big10 network on 1313 saying i need subscription.  I check my account and it appears nothing has been added.  When i call, everyone says be patient with addition of Big10 network but it appears to be on in Florida from info reading in this forum.   I received the email that states changes were made but when i open the $ 4.99 package is still not on the bill??

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

Apologies. In your area, Big Ten Network is available on channel 742 and in HD on channel 1313 as part of the Sports Entertainment Package. I don't see this package currently on your account so let me look into that further. Thanks for your patience. 

Official Employee

@Level3 wrote:

Comcast Ted - how about Arizona?  85750

I spoke with Customer Service today via phone and chat - to see if I added Sports Package back - whether BTN would be part of it -- they conclusively said no.  

Thanks

Apologies for any confusion that we may have caused.  In your area, Big Ten Network is available on channel 272 and in HD on channel 1313 as part of your current level of service.  Please take a look and let me know. 

Enjoy the games and thanks for your patience.

Regular Contributor

Tedk  Sent you a private messafe PM.  I think I clarified it.  To me, I do believe I am paying twice.  Once for the pkg. and once for the BTN to be added back into the pkg.

Frequent Visitor

Just back from Big Ten country where I was able to watch the BTN games over the weekend. I called Comcast today to add BTN (I live in Seattle area), added right away and the rep found me a deal for the package for $5 a month over the next year. Let the (proverbial) games begin!

Official Employee

@amilespsu wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Tony

I had a colleague re-add the Sports Entertainment Package to your account this morning based on your post above. You should have received an e-mail confirming this.  Please let me know if you are still having an issue here.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy the games.  

Regular Contributor

Cold.  I so agree.  You must have enjoyed your trip to Big 10 Country.  Love BIG10 country. especially in the fall.

Frequent Visitor

Flight8, yes, was in central Illinois on a farm south of Champaign for a Saturday afternoon wedding. Fortunately, the Illini game started early and ended before the wedding! 

Frequent Visitor

I am aso a Pennsylvania resident and BTN was removed from my channel lineup.  I have the Standard Tripple Play, and was assured that when we upgraded to the X1 platform the channel lineup would be the same. I called customer service and they added it to my guide, but it did not work due to an authorization issue. Comcast Customer Service rep said they were late in signing the contract with BTN and were having "Programming Issues" getting it rolled out to my area (17324).    BTN is now missing from my guide again. So, I did a chat with Customer Service and was told that my package didn't incude BTN and that I would need to add the Sports Package. So, I have 2 different answers. Can someone please tell me the correct story?

Official Employee

@SABLT194 wrote:

I am aso a Pennsylvania resident and BTN was removed from my channel lineup.  I have the Standard Tripple Play, and was assured that when we upgraded to the X1 platform the channel lineup would be the same. I called customer service and they added it to my guide, but it did not work due to an authorization issue. Comcast Customer Service rep said they were late in signing the contract with BTN and were having "Programming Issues" getting it rolled out to my area (17324).    BTN is now missing from my guide again. So, I did a chat with Customer Service and was told that my package didn't incude BTN and that I would need to add the Sports Package. So, I have 2 different answers. Can someone please tell me the correct story?

Apologies for the experience that you described above. Apologies also for the incorrect information that our chat agent provided. That should not have occurred. 

In Pennsylvania the Big Ten Network is not included in the Sports Entertainment Package, the Big Ten Network is included with one of the standard digital packages (channel 71 and in HD on channel 1313). I've asked one of our central Pennsylvania team members to review your account and contact you directly so that we can get you Big Ten Network as soon as possible. 

Apologies again and thanks for your patience.  

Frequent Visitor

Thank you sir.

New Poster

The Big Ten Network.

I talked to many people at Comcast (evidently  only people who had aboslutely no influence with anyone who did have influence and here's was I was told time and time again.  "It has been decided to only offer the BigTeamChannel in the states that have a Big Ten Team."

So is that the dumbest thing you every heard?  People who live in "Big Ten states" can just turn on any local channel and get the game--cable or no cable.  It's those of us who USED to live there and who have graduated from Big Ten School who need to have it especially fed to us via cable in all the far-away states.  Evidently we are willing to pay well for the priviledge, too.  So, thank you for getting your act together (in the Atlanta area at least--almost no one is actually from  Atlanta, don't cha know? and providing the BTC for all the sports nuts  who have migrated far, far from their growing-up home

New Poster

Re: The Big Ten Network.

I'm wondering when the Big Ten Network is going to return to the lineup in Colorado.  It doesn't seem to show up in the TV listings online. The Penn State game is on ABC tonight so not a big deal, but soon it's going to start to be an issue. 

Regular Contributor

Try posting a message to ComcastTeds.  He may be able to get you an accurate assessment.  I personally would call Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST.  It does come with the sports and entertainment pkg, but you have to add it for 4.99.  If you add it to the pkg. today you should be able to get the games today.

Expert

@flight8 wrote:

Try posting a message to ComcastTeds.  He may be able to get you an accurate assessment.  I personally would call Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST.  It does come with the sports and entertainment pkg, but you have to add it for 4.99.  If you add it to the pkg. today you should be able to get the games today.

He doesn't work on the weekends.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

@jfunk2000 wrote:

I talked to many people at Comcast (evidently  only people who had aboslutely no influence with anyone who did have influence and here's was I was told time and time again.  "It has been decided to only offer the BigTeamChannel in the states that have a Big Ten Team."

So is that the dumbest thing you every heard?  People who live in "Big Ten states" can just turn on any local channel and get the game--cable or no cable.  It's those of us who USED to live there and who have graduated from Big Ten School who need to have it especially fed to us via cable in all the far-away states.  Evidently we are willing to pay well for the priviledge, too.  So, thank you for getting your act together (in the Atlanta area at least--almost no one is actually from  Atlanta, don't cha know? and providing the BTC for all the sports nuts  who have migrated far, far from their growing-up home

We are all glad to have BTN available in all geographic areas as part of our new contract with Fox.  Thanks for your patience during that time and enjoy the games.  

Official Employee

@kkuzemka wrote:

I'm wondering when the Big Ten Network is going to return to the lineup in Colorado.  It doesn't seem to show up in the TV listings online. The Penn State game is on ABC tonight so not a big deal, but soon it's going to start to be an issue. 

Apologies for any confusion. Big Ten Network is available right now in your area on channel 410 and in HD on channel 1313 as a part of the optional Sports Entertainment Package. 

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST or chat via the link below where we can verify your identity as the primary account holder and then change your level of service.

Thanks for your patience.

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/Protected.aspx