Community Forum

Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network

I did forget to mention that the BTN channel has to be readded back into the line up on your Cable pkg.

Regular Contributor

Re: Big 10 Network

It has been readded back into FL and several other states.  You do have to readd the BTN though if you had preveiously cancelled it.  ComcastTed did say that other states were also added but I do not know which one.

Contributor

Just put it back on here in SW Florida. Part of “Sports and Entertainment” package. Channel 1313 and high def. Ordered it, confirmed it and it popped right on. Hallelujah!!
Regular Contributor

Keep checking.  It may come up today, yet.  Ours is back on.

Regular Contributor

We also have it avail. on 742.

New Poster

Thanks Flight, What state are you in??

Regular Contributor

South Florida.  Trying now to get it back into our actual Comcast line-up once again.  We do have to pay extra for the BTN but worth it.

New Poster

Totally, thanks for the info. Still nothing up in the northeast but sounds like it'll be back for the weekend

Contributor

BTN is now available in Oregon.  HD on channel 726 in Portland.  Thanks to the powers that be for getting it to happen.  Now I can watch the Golden Gophers for a little pick-me-up while my OSU gets pounded by your OSU.

Regular Contributor

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Regular Contributor

Channel 1313 is the HD Channel and 742 is the standard.  Also, just a reminder that you have to have your current Sports and Entertainment pkg. updated if you had cancelled BTN previously.

Regular Contributor

Eastmoreland.  Hope my OSU is the one you like.  At any rate, Comcast finally got us back up and for that we should be grateful.  Have a great week end of football.  I would imagine that in Oregon the leaves will be changing colors and beautiful football weather.

Regular Contributor

Hope you made sure that yout sports and entertainment pkg was up to date.  I had to re-add mine.

Regular Contributor

Forgot to mention that the other OSU could probably beat both of ours this year, however, we don't play them this season.

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

Hope by now your BTN is up and running.  Ours is back on in South Florida.

Official Employee

@flight8 wrote:

Hope by now your BTN is up and running.  Ours is back on in South Florida.

Now, all is right with the world. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

John,  Hope by now you knw that many of us have gotten our BTN service back.  Please check yours.

You possibly may have to update the sports and entertainment pkg (nominal fee) but it is back on in Florida.

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package

Hope yours is back on by now.  Upgraded ours this AM to readd the BTN which I had removed in July.  It is now on down here in SOFLA.

Regular Contributor

Did I mention that HD is one of the two stations that are now avail. in most areas.

Regular Contributor

Just saw where MASS should get it Friday 8/31.

Regular Contributor

Do you really think that this would have happened if people hadn't really given the Push-Back on it? I do have my doubts.  When you know there are millions of college football fans on any given week end at college football games it was definitely time for Comcast and FOX to step up.  I do however, feel that Fox and BTN are the ones who worked the deal, not Comcast.  They just needed comcast avail to transmit.

Frequent Visitor

When can we expect BTN in the Atlanta area? Times a wasting!
Official Employee

@Murrx wrote:
When can we expect BTN in the Atlanta area? Times a wasting!

Should be there now, check ch. 1313. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@flight8 wrote:

Do you really think that this would have happened if people hadn't really given the Push-Back on it? I do have my doubts.  When you know there are millions of college football fans on any given week end at college football games it was definitely time for Comcast and FOX to step up.  I do however, feel that Fox and BTN are the ones who worked the deal, not Comcast.  They just needed comcast avail to transmit.

I will say that it takes two companies to negotiate any deal. Distribution and content are both important sides of the same coin.  Both need each other. 

New Poster

I had an appointment to add Dish yesterday and cancel Comcast.

Thank heavens they agreed earlier this week and I was able to cancel the Dish installation.

BTN came back to Central Floriday today on 1313.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Finally.
Regular Contributor

Hope by now everyone has it or will have it by tomorrow.

@rkblinn wrote:
When is the Big Ten Network returning to Florida? We live in an area with lots of snowbirds from Ohio and other Big Ten states, and we NEED the BTN!

We have ours in South FL but had to re-add the BTN channel to the Sports pkg as I had cancelled it when Comcast took it off the air.

Frequent Visitor

What about Cumming, GA, a suburb of Atlanta? I don’t see it.
Regular Contributor

AGROTE

I would think that it should be back on by now, but if not possibly tomorrow as several are listed for tomottow.  Sorry I can't give a better answer but hope Comcast Ted does.

Frequent Visitor

Where are you seeing a “list”?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

1313 is HD

Expert

@flight8

When you are responding to someone in a long thread like this, please use the Quote button so people know you are responding to them.  Otherwise, your posts are semi-vague.  Smiley Wink  Plus, it also lets that person know there is a response to their post.

Thanks!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Channel 1313. You need the sports and entertainment package.
$4.95/mo
Regular Contributor

"agrote53, back in the thread.  Comcast Ted has posted them at least twice"

Frequent Visitor

“1313 is HD”.
Thanks. By the way, to spread the word I phoned in to my local ESPN radio and got on-air to let listeners know about BTN returning to Comcast. I’m hopeful it helped because as an Xfinity subscriber I keep waiting for them to email all of us that lost BTN back in February to say its back. I bet I’ll wait an infinity for xfinity.
New Poster

Big Ten Network

I'm in Connecticut. When is Comcast going to restore BTN?

Regular Visitor

In Florida I confirmed I have the channels, but there is still a huge problem... not able to stream BTN2Go.  Not all games scheduled for Saturday will be aired on TV in Florida.  At least two games will require streaming from BTN2Go and as of right now when trying to stream and being asked for my provider sign in... when i select Xfinity I get the familiar "This Network is not in your current service" message.

When is this going to be fixed also?

Frequent Visitor

@flight8 wrote:

I just checked this morning and BTN is not on my channel list.  It used to be on channel 824 in HD.

I live in Cumming, GA, a suburb of Atlanta.  I have always had the Sports and Entertainment Package.  I checked the list this morning and there is no channel 1313 or BTN anywhere.

Comcast Ted:  What is going on?

New Poster

THANK YOU!!!!! BTN IS BACK, WE ARE!!!!!!!!

Official Employee

@robbjm wrote:

I'm in Connecticut. When is Comcast going to restore BTN?

Expected to be today in your area. Check channel 174 and 1313.

We sent some signals to your boxes to see if that resolves.

Are you still having this issue? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to this channel at all (does the box skip over that channel)?

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Thanks for your patience.  

Official Employee

@agrote53 wrote:

@flight8 wrote:

I just checked this morning and BTN is not on my channel list.  It used to be on channel 824 in HD.

I live in Cumming, GA, a suburb of Atlanta.  I have always had the Sports and Entertainment Package.  I checked the list this morning and there is no channel 1313 or BTN anywhere.

Comcast Ted:  What is going on?

Check channel 260 and 1313 for your area. In your area, Big 10 Network is part of our Sports Entertainment  Package (which you have). We sent some signals to your boxes to see if that resolves. 

Are you still having this issue? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to this channel at all (does the box skip over that channel)?

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Regular Contributor

"needz, you need to call Comcast and re-add the BTN channel.  Here in South Florida there are two.

Standard is 742 and HD is 1313.  The cost to re-add is $ 4.95 per month and gives you the entire pkg.

Regular Visitor

I've already got the package and already have the channels, just not allowing me to stream BTN2GO.

I'm not paying more for this service.  I had it before, they took it away, I got no discount, they add it back.  If they try to get more money I'm gone to Dish.

Official Employee

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@flight8 wrote:

I will say that it takes two companies to negotiate any deal. Distribution and content are both important sides of the same coin.  Both need each other. 

Earlier this year, we removed the out-of-market Big Ten Network feed for customers in most states without Big Ten schools. Effective today, August 31, we have reinstated the out-of-market feed wherever it was dropped, and customers who reside in impacted states are again able to view the Big Ten Network if they have a subscription to the Sports Entertainment Package.

New Poster

Yes it magically appeared ysterday! I guess the masses were heard!

Regular Contributor

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@ComcastTeds wrote:

@flight8 wrote:

Earlier this year, we removed the out-of-market Big Ten Network feed for customers in most states without Big Ten schools. Effective today, August 31, we have reinstated the out-of-market feed wherever it was dropped, and customers who reside in impacted states are again able to view the Big Ten Network if they have a subscription to the Sports Entertainment Package.

I appreciate Comcast bringing back BTN for those of us who are not in the Big Ten states. I have resubscribed to the Sports and Entertainment Package. Too bad it took this long and came down to the wire but thanks to Comcast and BTN for resolving the issue.

Regular Visitor

Just a warning to all of you that even though they have added the channels back in most states you still not be able to stream BTN2Go unless Comcast refreshes your account.  I suggest you check because for example Iowa and Penn State both play on BTN at 3:30 tomorrow and one of those games will not be aired in each region and will only be available via BTN2Go.

I had to call in and have support refresh my personal account and channel lineup and subscription packages while online with them in order for BTN2Go to work.  And I still had the sport and entertainment package so it wasn't that I had to re-add it... they had to refresh something on their end.  So i'm just telling you all to check.

Regular Visitor

They should be doing this automatically. 

Contributor

Took your advice regarding BTN2Go. Called Comcast. Bingo! Refreshed and it now works. They were very helpful!
Regular Contributor

"Comcast Ted,  Can you by any chance tell us when the BTN2Go app will be available streaming again.  I called today after I could not get it.  I have always been able to.  What gives" ??