Community Forum

Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

That is a shame.  Without going into details, I have found exceptions to the broad sweeping statement  "That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers."  I was hopeful that FoxSportsApp and the BTN would had been one of those exceptions based on my naive belief that Comcast may actually care about addressing a serious customer issue in a timely manner.

 


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@opurt wrote:

BTN has been added to the FoxSportsApp which is available for most streaming device and also viewable at https://www.foxsportsgo.com/.  
Can one of you who is outside the Big 10 States please log into https://www.foxsportsgo.com/  with your Comcast credentials and check if it is possible to watch the BTN (via FoxSports)?


ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Big Ten Network for customers who have that channel (Big Ten Network) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: https://www.foxsports.com/fsgo-faq?nav=false

*You need to receive these channels in your TV channel line-up in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. 


 

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

Certainly doesn't look that way.  You might check FS1 and see it your preferred game is on there.

Regular Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

I do receive FS1 and pay for it.  However, Big Ten games are offered on a very limited basis but so far none that I want to see.  I do pay for the Sports and Entertainment pkg.  When Comcast failed to notify us that they were cancelling BTN I dropped the extra 10 that I paid monthly for BTN after paying for it for a couple extra months.  Are you now telling us that unless we actually pay for BTN again along with FS1 that we will not receive BTN whenever it is avail.  If so.  are we paying just to wait and see when Comcast and FOX decide to air our preferred BTN games.  If you check my other post to Sharkie you will see I have been getting BTN in the past on 2 channels.  I would be happy just to be able to get it on one.  I called FOX SPORTS last night and they told me that any game I get through my ROKU app is the same one that is showing on the FS1 station at the same time.

Regular Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

Opurt,  Even so, you still can only get on the APP what is on the Comcast and Comcast is not providing it.  THUS,  You an get Direct TV NOW or Live YouTube or watch the games that are BTN on Fox FS.  Nothing less, nothing more.

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network

I have been asking that question since April.  That is the main problem that all of us on this thread have.  Welcome to the thread that is trying to solve the problem.

Contributor

Semi-creative solution

Comcast allows a Comcast subscriber to create up to 6 login accounts (including your main account).    In the past, I created an account for family members and they were able to watch everything in our plan when they were out of town/country.   They could watch via the Xfinity home page (watch live TV) or by authenticating any apps (BTN2Go) on a roku or other streaming device.

 

My suggestion is that if you have family or trusted friends in the Big Ten states,  that they create a Comcast login for you on their account.   You will then have access to the BTN via the BTN2Go app, Fox Sports App, the Comcast App (not sure what they are calling it these days) or directly on your computer via the credentials that were legally created for you.


Could @ComcastTeds or another Comcast employee please confirm that this approach would not violate the Comcast TOS? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network Channel

BWet,  I totally agree with you.  Just because we (all of us) live outside the area doesn't make us any less fans.  Be sure to continue to check FS1 which is in the sports and entertainment pkg.  I too plan on abondoning ship if not on by time for OSU/Rutgers game.

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

Widescreen,  Nice addition for those who live in the footprint of the Big Ten but for those alumnae outside of the area it doesn't help one bit.  Season starts tomorrow and still no BTN available.  Sure you can watch a couple Big Ten games a week on FS1 in your area (if outside of the area, and if you still have the sports and entertainment pkg) but for really getting all the BTN games.  Not available.

 

Now it is how you decide to manage to get your own preferences.  Direct TV NOW or YouTube live.  I will have to pay at min. 40 extra per month to get DirectTVNOW through my ROKU or Change to ATT who does have DirectTV included in their pkg.  Goodbye, Comcast.

Regular Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

Agrote,  The only way you can get it is if COMCAST is carrying it.  That is why you can only get on Foxsportsgo.com the same things that are currently being broadcast on COMCAST.  Thus, you can watch your FOXSPORTSGO on an ipad or whatever or on your televison but no BTN.  Only Big 10 games that are being broadcast.

Regular Contributor

Re: Semi-creative solution

Opurt,  Seems like a bit of a risky shady area to me, but possibly worth a try.  I am just so disgusted with Comcast maybe it is really time to toss them out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Semi-creative solution

Opurt,  I do have all those apps in my ROKU but so far you have the only possible solution to try.  Maybe we will hear from COMCAST Ted. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

Comcast Ted.  "Will Not HAVE" is more likely by Thurs. night or Sat. game that any other comment.  If you can give us any better solution we certainly would like to hear it now.

Contributor

Re: Semi-creative solution

I guess it depends on how strictly they enforce the definition of  "your household "  in the "If you want to give other members of your household access to your master Xfinity account, you can create up to six distinct usernames online" clause at  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses

 


@flight8 wrote:

Opurt,  Seems like a bit of a risky shady area to me, but possibly worth a try.  I am just so disgusted with Comcast maybe it is really time to toss them out.


 

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

The customer outside of the BTN footprint even though we have your sports and entertainment pkg do not have access to all BTN games.  Only to the 2 being broadcast on FS1 by FOX sports.  If they are not our preferred schools, or if we wish to watch them all, we are totally out of luck.  Do you know that FOX is actually going to add BTN in its entirety to their line up.  If so, you should tell us now.

Regular Contributor

Re: Semi-creative solution

For most  of us, especially in South Florida who are on Comcast, friends and relatives have other brodcast than Comcast.  Doesn't look like that is very possible.  Have to be able to find someone who actually used Comcast for BTN.

Regular Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

Comcast Ted,  Doesn't it depend more on the area where the Comcast customer resides, not entirely on their level of service.  I am at the highest level of service, residing in South Florida and No BTN.

All that I am getting is FS1 and only 2 games on Sat.  Is there no way that you can honestly provide us with a little further info?  I cancelled my BTN after you cancelled carrying it.  Now if you can honestly tell me that if I call Comcast and reinstate the BTN you will carry it, or that FOX will carry ALL of the games, I will put it back on.  I doubt if you can tell us that it is the BTN that is actually being carried by

FOX.  I am guessing that they are carrying Big 10 games that they wish to carry.  That is not what we people on this thread are asking for.  We are asking for all of the BTN channel to be reinstated on our cable line up by the time football season starts.  In case you haven't heard, that is tomorrow.

Regular Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

Opurt,  Once again, for those who do not know, that is only on FOX SPORTS GO showing the same thing that is currently playing on the telly.

Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

True, but if you sign in with the credentials from an account that has the Big Ten Network, you will be able to watch the one screen that is currently showing on the BTN.   If you are going to try the suggestion with using an account from someone in the Big Ten states, I would recommend using BTN2Go since you end up with every game that is currently broadcasting on the BTN (networks).

 


@flight8 wrote:

Opurt,  Once again, for those who do not know, that is only on FOX SPORTS GO showing the same thing that is currently playing on the telly.


 

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

Comcast Ted,  WHEN.  When I said NO, that was for the 8/30 games.  Unless we are notified that BTN is actually back in the Sports and ent. pkg noon of us will continue to pay for it.  Just paying to carry the sports and ent. should be enough.

Regular Contributor

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?

Opurt

Can't seem to get to your last link to reply but I did read it and totally agree.  If I do try it I will use my BTN2Go app, but so far locally it hasn't worked.  Just have to find someone up north who is on Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018


@Sharkie wrote:

So you show us the list, but we can not watch BTN so why bother!!!!!


Some Big 10 football games are available on other channels/networks  besides BTN.  That's why I provided the list and link.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?


@opurt wrote:

That is a shame.  Without going into details, I have found exceptions to the broad sweeping statement  "That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers."  I was hopeful that FoxSportsApp and the BTN would had been one of those exceptions based on my naive belief that Comcast may actually care about addressing a serious customer issue in a timely manner.

 


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@opurt wrote:

BTN has been added to the FoxSportsApp which is available for most streaming device and also viewable at https://www.foxsportsgo.com/.  
Can one of you who is outside the Big 10 States please log into https://www.foxsportsgo.com/  with your Comcast credentials and check if it is possible to watch the BTN (via FoxSports)?


ONLINE ACCESS

The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Big Ten Network for customers who have that channel (Big Ten Network) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Below from the Fox Sports Go site: https://www.foxsports.com/fsgo-faq?nav=false

*You need to receive these channels in your TV channel line-up in order to watch them in FOX Sports GO. 


 


Unfortunately, the contractual terms with Fox won't allow for that. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?


@flight8 wrote:

The customer outside of the BTN footprint even though we have your sports and entertainment pkg do not have access to all BTN games.  Only to the 2 being broadcast on FS1 by FOX sports.  If they are not our preferred schools, or if we wish to watch them all, we are totally out of luck.  Do you know that FOX is actually going to add BTN in its entirety to their line up.  If so, you should tell us now.


Big 10 games on FS1 and BTN are separate telecasts.

 

FS1 isn't duplicating games on BTN or  vice-versa. Separate games are scheduled on BTN and FS1 (and other channels/networks as per my earlier post).  

 

Below is a link to the current schedule of "televised" NCAA football games.

 

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-schedule-season-bowls-playoff/

 

Big Ten games of interest this week listed below:

 

Thursday, 8/30

@7:00pm New Mexico State @ Minnesota BTN

@8:00pm Northwestern @ Purdue ESPN

 

Friday, 8/31

@7:00pm Utah State @ #11 Michigan State BTN

@9:00pm WKU @ #4 Wisconsin ESPN

 

Saturday, 9/1

@noon Oregon State @ #5 Ohio State ABC

@noon #23 Texas @ Maryland FS1

@noon Kent State @ Illinois BTN
@noon Texas State @ Rutgers BTN

@3:30pm Appalachian State @ Penn State BTN

@3:30pm Northern Illinois @ Iowa BTN

@7:00pm  Indiana @ FIU  CBSSN

@7:30pm #14 Michigan @ #12 Notre Dame NBC

@8:00pm Akron @ Nebraska FOX

 

Schedule subject to change.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: BTN viewable via Fox Sports Go App?


@flight8 wrote:

Comcast Ted,  Doesn't it depend more on the area where the Comcast customer resides, not entirely on their level of service.  I am at the highest level of service, residing in South Florida and No BTN.

All that I am getting is FS1 and only 2 games on Sat.  Is there no way that you can honestly provide us with a little further info?  I cancelled my BTN after you cancelled carrying it.  Now if you can honestly tell me that if I call Comcast and reinstate the BTN you will carry it, or that FOX will carry ALL of the games, I will put it back on.  I doubt if you can tell us that it is the BTN that is actually being carried by

FOX.  I am guessing that they are carrying Big 10 games that they wish to carry.  That is not what we people on this thread are asking for.  We are asking for all of the BTN channel to be reinstated on our cable line up by the time football season starts.  In case you haven't heard, that is tomorrow.


Apologies. BTN is not currently expected to be available in your area by this weekend. Once we have additional information to share, we will certainly do so here and in other places. 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

But how many schools are int he Big 10, a lot more than 10 and they may only have 1 game on FS1.  It really does not help, we know what games are on which channels and we do not get BTN that is what matters

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

Comcast Ted,  The information that I posted is what was given to me by FOX SPORTS.  They said that the only games that would be telecast on FOXSPORTS or FS1 are not the BTN channel but games that were being played on their sports channel.  Yes, they are indeed Big 10 games but I actually did confirm it by trying it.  I have had BTN with Comcast for years and it was Comcast that removed it from their line up, not FOX.  I will gladly put it back onto Comcast if you can guarantee I will receive all the games on any given Sat.  However, that is currently not the cast in "out of the footprint areas".

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

Yes, and I will certainly watch what is avail.  I am just saying that some games; example Rutgers/OSU on 9/8 or Kent State on 5/1 are NOT available in our South Florida area.

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

But currently we outside of the footprint of the Big Ten have very little access to Big Ten games through Comcast Broadcasts.  We can only get them when they are on National Broadcast channels like ABC and ESPN and an occasional Big 10 game being broadcast through Fox or FS1.  You don't need to try to tell us that it is avail. when we all know it isn't and it seems you have no idea when it will be.  If you did I would hope you would have the decency to tell us where and when we will be able to add it back into our line up.  Most of us to already have your Sports and Entertainment pkg. and only cancelled the BTN channel after COMCAST removed it from their broadcast.  As I told you previously, I personally was having to pay for it twice a month so I could get it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

But those are not the games being offered in our area on FS1 for the dates offered.

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network

Comcast Ted did say that it certainly wouldn't be by this week end and he would notify us when it is avail.  Time for us all to say goodbye Comcast.

Official Employee

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018


@flight8 wrote:

Yes, and I will certainly watch what is avail.  I am just saying that some games; example Rutgers/OSU on 9/8 or Kent State on 5/1 are NOT available in our South Florida area.


We are saying the same thing, you are correct for Florida. That is the current situation.   


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?


@flight8 wrote:

But those are not the games being offered in our area on FS1 for the dates offered.


Apologies if I wasnt clear earlier. 

Here are the Big 10 Conference games available to you starting tonight through this weekend in Florida: 
 

Thursday, 8/30

@8:00pm Northwestern @ Purdue ESPN

 

Friday, 8/31

@9:00pm WKU @ #4 Wisconsin ESPN

 

Saturday, 9/1

@noon Oregon State @ #5 Ohio State ABC

@noon #23 Texas @ Maryland FS1

 

@7:30pm #14 Michigan @ #12 Notre Dame NBC

@8:00pm Akron @ Nebraska FOX

Schedule subject to change.

 

As we get details for the addition of BTN in your area (and others), we will certainly share that information here and in other places. 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Big 10 Network

Will the Big 10 Network be available this weekend for football? I see it's in states where Big 10 schools are but what about alumni and people that already pay way too much for cable?  Hope to see it there by Saturday or may be time to switch to Verizon...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Big 10 Network

I found it at 742 or 1313 (HD) in my Florida channel lineup. 

New Poster

Re: Big 10 Network

Thanks for the reply, nothing up here in MA : (

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

On Saturday evening at 7:00 Indiana University versus Florida International University is another Big Ten game this weekend.  It is on CBS sports network and is listed on my Xfinity guide.

 

We live in central Florida.  Indiana has its first BTN game on Sep 8.  I need the BTN by then and will have it either through Xfinity/Comcast or a streaming service so I can either watch the game on TV or on BTN2GO app on a mobile device.

New Poster

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

COMCAST TED, 

 

When is the Big Ten Network being reactivated in the Houston market. Tick, Tock, will be going to AT&T tomorrow. Have been with COMCAST for 20+ years, I spend $350/month with Comcast, Home Security, internet, phone, all going away because of COMCAST's extremely short sighted

decison to drop the Big Ten Network in Houston. 

New Poster

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

When will other states have access to Big 10 network? Or Massachusetts specifically if you know? I may have to drop too if it's not available

Official Employee

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package


@nwilson1017 wrote:

When will other states have access to Big 10 network? Or Massachusetts specifically if you know? I may have to drop too if it's not available


Expected to be added to New England area locations in SD and HD on Friday, 8/31.  Check channel 1313 for BTN in HD in this area.  

 

Thanks for your patience. 

 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?


@birdiebill wrote:

On Saturday evening at 7:00 Indiana University versus Florida International University is another Big Ten game this weekend.  It is on CBS sports network and is listed on my Xfinity guide.

 

 


Good catch, I missed that - here is the link that I provided: 

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-schedule-season-bowls-playoff/


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Big 10 Network


@DARFAP3632 wrote:

I found it at 742 or 1313 (HD) in my Florida channel lineup. 


Great news, thanks for sharing that information. I have another inquiry in with our Florida team to understand the latest. But channel 1313 seems to be the default channel for BTN HD in most areas.   


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018


@ComcastTeds wrote:

@flight8 wrote:

Yes, and I will certainly watch what is avail.  I am just saying that some games; example Rutgers/OSU on 9/8 or Kent State on 5/1 are NOT available in our South Florida area.


We are saying the same thing, you are correct for Florida. That is the current situation.   


BTN was added last night in Florida and many other areas. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy the games.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Big Ten Network


@flight8 wrote:

Comcast Ted did say that it certainly wouldn't be by this week end and he would notify us when it is avail.  Time for us all to say goodbye Comcast.


BTN was added last night in Florida and many other areas. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy the games. Check channel 1313. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018


@flight8 wrote:

Yes, and I will certainly watch what is avail.  I am just saying that some games; example Rutgers/OSU on 9/8 or Kent State on 5/1 are NOT available in our South Florida area.


BTN was added last night in Florida and many other areas. Thanks for your patience. Enjoy the games. Check channel 1313.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package

ComcastTeds, will this be a state by state addition? If that is the case, where does Tennessee stand?

I'm sure you will be getting responses from each state wondering when they will be enlightened as to when their state will be added. There must be a better way!

Official Employee

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package


@George52 wrote:

ComcastTeds, will this be a state by state addition? If that is the case, where does Tennessee stand?

I'm sure you will be getting responses from each state wondering when they will be enlightened as to when their state will be added. There must be a better way!


Check channel 1313, a lot of areas were added overnight, more are scheduled for Friday. 

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package

ComcastTeds, you just made my day! I have channel 1313 and now I can watch the Big10.

Thanks to all who continued to put pressure on Comcast to get us the Big10.

Flight8 thanks again.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package

California has 1313 and 403. I’ll try them this weekend to see if they deliver. Not to be picky, but an HD alternative would be great. Go Badgers.
Regular Contributor

Re: Sports and Entertainment Package - Florida?

Yes, great but not on BTN.  I think we have all been had.

Regular Contributor

Re: Big Ten Network

Thank you.  Both the BTN games we were looking for for this week and next are on BTN on our 1313.  You help with this was certainly appreciated in our household.