Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Re: Removing big ten network

Comcast. You don’t get it!! Who wants to watch football on a computer, cell phone or lap top! I can see it now everyone huddled around my laptop 17” screen. Oh I could plug it into my TV but then I can only watch that. Which eliminates all your other channels. So why would I need you then???
Official Employee

@Frank99 wrote:

And I regularly review my cable options to see which cable company best meets my needs. I will be dropping Comcast the instant you no long carry BTN.

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. This channel is not being removed in any areas that are in the Big 10 school footprint (like your area).

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Is there a list of areas that will retain BTN?  I'm zip code 21771, which I would think is in the Maryland (Big Ten) market but would like to be certain.

Official Employee

@JeffReuben wrote:

Is there a list of areas that will retain BTN?  I'm zip code 21771, which I would think is in the Maryland (Big Ten) market but would like to be certain.

This channel is not being removed in any areas that are in a Big 10 school footprint (like your area). 

The areas that will continue to receive BTN are Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia . 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@darenberg wrote:

If this is happening I will drop Comcast like a bad habit. Plenty of options where I am. BTN is one of the only reasons I got COmcast in the first place.  

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. This channel is not being removed in any areas that are in a Big 10 school footprint (like your area).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@Doctori wrote:

I, too, live in a large gated community of about 2500 dwellings...we are in a position that soon our contract with comcast will be terminated for us to negotiate with some other digital services that would provide more leeway with our sports and other packages...including the BTN...the very stealthy way Comcast went about its notification is justified enough for us to dump that company...we are largely a midwest, pro-B1G community that loves our league and its multitude of sports, with flags and golf club covers and shirts and even bathing suits touting our favorite B1G teams...soooooo, Comcast, good bye and good riddance to your formerly lucrative programming!

This channel is not being removed in any areas that are in a Big 10 school footprint. 

The areas that will continue to receive BTN are Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia . 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

@hwkn wrote:

I'm glad the Big Ten Network wasn't removed in the Chicago area.

This channel is not being removed in any areas that are in a Big 10 school footprint.

The areas that will continue to receive BTN are Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia .

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Again, the term “Big Ten Footprint Areas” is bogus. Florida, by it’s very nature is FULL of Big Ten fans all of whom moved here in retirement. My development of 1300 homes is almost exclusively from the northeast and midwest. Just read the other posts. You guys from Comcast have no idea how your business will be affected. Just read the posts by officers and folks in other planned communities. Lots of jobs at stake here. Hope you realize it. You will lose more than Big Ten fans.
Administrator
Administrator

Also, fans can still access more than 70 Big Ten basketball live games on ESPN networks, FOX Sports, FS1 and CBS Sports. Big Ten Plus will also carry numerous games throughout the season.

X1 customers can also access the Big Ten Network YouTube channel via the following actions:

• Using your X1 voice remote, say "YouTube" to launch the app's search engine. Once inside the YouTube app, use the arrow keys on your remote to enter the search box and type in the words "Big Ten Network" and then hit OK.
  • If you don't have a Voice remote, tap the xfinity button on your X1 remote, navigate to the Apps menu and click on the "YouTube" icon. Once inside the YouTube app, use the arrow keys on your remote to enter the search box and type in the "Big Ten Network" and then hit OK.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Will we be able to watch btn2go on btn.com with our comcast login ID?   If not, can you please explain what you mean by your statement:

> Big Ten has gone digital via their YouTube channel and directly from btn.com. The YouTube channel is also accessible via the YouTube app on X1.

In other words, will we still have the full access to btn2go that we had a week ago?

New Poster

Terrible answer!  We already know what we can access via other sources.  Will the content on btn2go be made available via our comcast credentials?

Regular Visitor

The Big Ten footprint needs to include Florida, as the State grows expediently during winter month due to Snowbirds. Your kidding yourself if you think the older adults will understand your quickly changing formats. Sometimes change isn’t all it’s cracked up to be!!!! The older people have the money and will drop Comcast like a bad habit. Don’t kid yourself!!!!
New Poster

So just to be 100% clear, a Penn State fan such as myself will still be able to watch any Penn State football game televised on BTN through Comcast, even though I'm in SW PA?  And you can guarantee that will not change?

New Poster

B1G Ten Network

I'm so disappointed to hear, well, not hear, that Comcast has decided to drop the B1G Ten Network in states not having a Big Ten School.  I find out by turning on the station which still shows the scheduled programming only to be greeted by a black screen with a note stating "This Channel is No Longer on XFINITY"....what kind of BS is that? Poor poor decision. Forcing me to make a change to TV, Phone, Internet and Home Security as soon as possible.

New Poster

Re: Big Ten Network > Spring 2018

We just learned that comcast/xfinity is dropping the BTN channel in NH.  The fan base for B1G schools is spread out over the entire United States.  Those of us who live/visit/travel to the states with B1G schools, often go to the games.  Therefore it seems ridiculous that you would drop the network from the states that do not have B1G schools as we are MORE likely to watch the games than attend them.  It is more than disappointing that BTN channel is being dropped in the middle of our contract.  We chose comcast/Xfinity largely because you offered that option, and we pay extra for the package that includes it.  We have been a customer for many years, but we will definitely be looking at other options once the channel is dropped.  We hope you reconsider.  

New Poster

I purchased this solely for BTN. If I cannot get it back I wish to cancel.
New Poster

Funny but that isn't what BTN is saying.  If what you are saying is the case why do I get other sports channels that are of no importance to me (such as PAC 12 for example) here in the Southeast.  The BTN network is just that, all BIG, all the time!!  There isn't a replacement for this that shows baseball, softball, soccer, wrestling, basketball, etc, for both men and women.  I would guess that there are quite a few alumni and fans from Big Ten schools located out of the "footprint".

With that being said, how much will my cable bill go down or are you going to just stuff some lame supposed sports channel in its place at a smaller cost to you but keep charging me BTN prices?  You need to change this back or that sound you hear is the money you will lose going down the drain from the Big Ten Conference fans leaving Comcast for other opportunties.  People are cutting the cord and with this type of behavior on your part is it any wonder why?  Somehow I believe that is really your plan to get them to stream, then start jacking up the internet access prices and not have to deal <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">

I have been a cable customer for years and have continued to pay your increasing prices as you add channels that provide no benefit to me but understand that someone out there seems to like it, but this move of yours might just be the straw that broke the camels back.

As another network use to say (one I don't watch anymore)  I WANT MY BTN!!!!

New Poster

Most fans like to see BTN because it shows ALL of the schools not just the most popular.  While ESPN, FOX, Fox Sports, etc show Big Ten games it is only the one that THEY want, not what you want.  While on a typical night they might show Michigan State or Ohio St, but Rutgers, Illlinois, Indiana, Nebraska, Iowa, etc are NOT shown on their channel.  BTN was the one place you could go to see all of the ones not covered by ESPN, FOX, etc.  Also, they don't show baseball or any other sports.  In fact, if you look, ESPN seems to be SEC heavy on most of there coverage.

Your answer doesn't match the facts.

New Poster

Big Ten Network

Is Comcast actually going to remove the Big Ten Channel from its lineup?  This is an outrage to sports fans in and out of the Big Ten arena.  Do they want to add more jewelry channels and programs that no one watches but have to pay for.  How many customers will they lose because of this, including me???  Wake Up Comcast and provide the channels customers actually want to watch and are willing to pay for!

Regular Visitor

Dish or Direct TV here I come, I've really enjoyed my Quad package previously.
New Poster

I am not in a "footprint" of a Big Ten school but I am an alum and a FAN of a Big Ten school.  It is HUGELY disappointing that all the money I pour into Comcast every month can't keep BTN on my channel line up.  Your company is awful.

New Poster

I'm hoping Xfinity's decision to drop the Big Ten network can be reversed or have the access to the BTN expanded to the state of Colorado.  I have cable/home security/internet with Xfinity and a <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> decision like dropping the BTN has me seriously considering moving to other options.

New Poster

Houston, Texas... fourth largest market in the US and Comcast is the primary cable company.... tons of alums down here.  I will be switching out everything.. phone, security, internet and full cable package... this decision for what I believe is 48 cents a month is quite frankly unreal.

Official Employee

@Falconer8771 wrote:

So just to be 100% clear, a Penn State fan such as myself will still be able to watch any Penn State football game televised on BTN through Comcast, even though I'm in SW PA?  And you can guarantee that will not change?

TThe areas that will continue to receive BTN are Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia .

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm so OUTRAGED about this <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> cable company removing big ten from their line up. The comment that it will remain in big ten areas is <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> due to they can get the games they want to watch. The people out of area are the ones in need of the channel. I hate this company and have since I had to use it due to only cable company in area. I'm tired of non English speaking people who are your trouble shooters, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">, as well as limited areas to go into speak about this company. Do yourselves a favor make your customers happy and place Big Ten back in everyone's lineup if they so desire!

New Poster

I echo what others have stated - the espoused rationale makes no sense when other conference packages remain, and BIG fans are located throughout the country.  It is clearly time to cut ties with Comcast and move to an alternative.

New Poster

disappointed in Longboat Key, Florida!!!

Problem Solver

Just tuned into BTN and it says in a dark screen this channel is no longer availble on Xfinity tv Smiley Sad you finally did it. NO MORE BTN for this guy

New Poster

Re: Big Ten Network

That's a bunch of <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Circumventing language filter">. Only reason Comcast pulled BTN from out of market areas is money over renewing contract(s) with BTN and ego between CEO's at both Comcast and BTN.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.  And Comcast just puts out the Typical Corporate <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Circumventing language filter"> staying within Company lines.  

Goodbye Comcast hello Verizon. 

New Poster

I spend 8+months in Florida, I got the Comcast sports package so I could watch the Big 10 while in FL. Since the Big 10 is no longer being carried I will be canceling the Sport Package. I think Comcast might look to see the number of snowbirds who are carrying the sports package to receive the Big Ten. Appears to be a very uncaculated move by Comcast. Will be talking to DTV soon as I’m sure I can get the Big Ten with them. Wake up Comcast numerous Big Ten fans in FL.
New Poster

Re: Big Ten Network

Quit with the corporate spin. Give the Big Ten network back you paid for it in the sports package.

New Poster

Comcast continues to show that they are t<Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. Didn't have any 4K coverage of the Masters, Direct TV did. Have said anything about World Cup in 4k...which I'm sure Direct or Dish will have....oh and prices are still going up. So close to cutting the cord...

Regular Visitor

So its been 3 days since Comcast dropped BTN. Both times during lunch, today and yesterday the conversations around the tables we sat near were talking up their carriers. Dish, Direct TV and many others giving opinions to unhappy Comcast people on where to go to. Comcast may have thought this would blow over. Well you <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> you have no idea how much we love our football in cold weather states. And when we move to Florida it just continues, except we just watch in heated pools and the like. And it not just football. We watch all the teams. Softball, Baseball, Vollyball, Hockey, Basketball, Track, Gymnastics and all the rest. So you may think this is gonna be seasonal hatred for Comcast. NO! This will be year round. So fix it or your profits will tumble, because people won't move on from this!!!! Oh take that back we will move on to other carriers. 

Contributor

Comcast is going to keep whittling away at these sports channels, until the sports package is useless. 

Notice how all the removed networks are owned by FOX. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> is a nation covered by regional NBCSN's. Eliminate the competition by refusing to carry their channels on your system.

I hope cord cutting accelerates, until the <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> gets the message.

New Poster

I have some feedback for you! This is the final straw for me, Comcast and my long hatred for them. Being from Philadelphia, I know them like a book and their product stinks. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> and their X1 service exemplfies the malady of this giant conglomerate. X1 works here in Denver about 80-85% of the time, I have to wait and wait for channels to tune and Comcast sends their <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> out and it stays the same.

Taking BIG TEN NETWORK out of the lineup to me is the final straw, ridiculous! Do you know how many people from Chicago, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Philly, Ohio there are LIVING OUT WEST? 

Done, finished. I can use sling or one of the streaming services, do not need Comcast to tick me off for $150 a month any longer. <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">. DIRECTV will gladly welcome me back AND I can get the NFL games on the ticket. Ba bye <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">!

New Poster

Let me translate for you. The BTN is <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> Comcast and they are negotiating, so in the meantime, you get to watch PARAMOUNT TV, with commercials every 4 minutes. I WANT BTN!

New Poster

The Big 10 YouTube channel doesn’t show live content right?
New Poster

I pay a premium for Comcast/Xfinity specifically because I want the Big 10 Network. Without it, I have no reason to stay with Comcast. I have been looking for an excuse to cut my monthly bills, and this unfortunately makes the decision very easy. I suspect little research was done as to how this might affect customers that are alumni of the Big 10 but live in states outside of those harboring Big 10 universities. Although I have been loyal to comcast despite the higher prices, it can be replaced. Want can't be replaced is my devotion to the Huskers and the high quality of atheltics throughout the Big 10. I suspect this will be a common sentiment among all alumni from those great institutions. I wish Comcast well with their unilateral decision. I suspect they underestimated what the Big 10 means to many of us.

New Poster

Will our bills be reduced with the loss of the Big 10 Network?  As a former Midwesterner, a fan of the Big 10 and watcher of the Big 10 Network, this is very disappointing news.  

New Poster

This is ridiculous, I got the sports package just for the B10 network, Pay the money toprovide the service your clients want - Don't act like comcast always has in the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

Boy did Comcast mess up by removing the Big 10 Network!!  What a huge disappointment for Big 10 fans who will not be able to receive this network.  I have cancelled my sports package with Comcast and thinking seriously about showing Comcast my front door and telling them to not let it hit them on their way out.

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we completely understand your frustration. However, we ask that you please refrain from posting inflammatory/inappropriate remarks. These type of remarks will be edited and/or removed as they violate our forum guidelines. We ask that you please review these guidelines thoroughly as any repeated violations could result in a ban from accessing these forums. 

By having an account and utilizing these forums, you have hereby agreed to the rules, policies, and guidelines contained within those guidelines. 

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration in this matter. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Comcast,

Many of us only care about the so-called pricey Big 10 Network in the Sports package and are planning to leave Comcast as a service provider. As you so aptly point out, there are other services that provide the Big 10 Network, so it only makes sense for us to cease doing business with Comcast, and give our business to service providers that will provide the services that we seek.

Evidently Comcast doesn't care if they lose customers as they continue to find ways to decrease their costs, maximize their profits and minimize customer service and satisfaction. Bravo Comcast for adopting this business killing strategy. 

New Poster

I’m a Big Ten Alum who resides in Oregon. The Big Ten network was the only reason I chose your service in the first place. Although, I have been satisfied with xfinity, I will have to switch providers if this channel is removed
New Poster

BTN Cancellation

Anyone else angry that BTN is gone. Contemplating cancelling and changing to DISH.
New Poster

I'm beyond angry BTN is gone. Will be changing carriers.
New Poster

I agree. BTN is among my most watched channels here in Oregon. I'll be cancelling if it doesnt come back.
New Poster

I chose the sports package with the Big Ten service in mind. Please do not remove it

New Poster

your explanation is unacceptable. all you do is raise prices and cut services. soon or latter it will catch up with you, i will be changing provider as soon as i can. i urge you to restore this service. my guess is that their are hundreds of thousands of big ten fans residing presently in florida. i urge all to complain and if the service is not restored to teminate their service as soon as they can. dissatified customer

New Poster

Big Ten Network Coverage

We were appalled to read in our local paper in Naples Florida that Comcast has elected to remove The Big Ten Network from its lineup here and our other two homes in Massachusettes! Perhaps you have not done your homework adequately to understand that The Ohio State University has the largest alumni in the world. They live watch the Big Ten Network all over the country. Many of the other Big Ten Schools such as Michigan and Iowa are well represented as well. 

Our total subscriptions with Comcast exceed $ 1,000 per month in our 3 homes. We will be leaving Comcast, should you decide to stop the Big Ten Network. I can assure you, based upon the "buzz" here in Naples(largest OSU alumni club in the world) you are going to lose thousands of subscribers as other carriers do offer the service.

Hope you reconsider!

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More