Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Bein Sports HD????????

Frequent Visitor

Bein Sports HD????????

Okay, will you guys ever get Bein HD, and why haven't you already? This is truly baffling? Many, many people have contacted Bein Sports directly and they say HD broadcasts are offered for free to cable companies that carry Bein Sports. Xfinity has 2 Bein sports channels (English and Spanish), but still won't provide the HD channel.

It's freaking 2017 for crying out loud! World Cup qualifiers are starting up again. And despite literally every other cable/satellite provider carrying Bein HD, Xfinity does not.

And the craziest part is there is never a good explanation. Going back YEARS now, i have been told over and over again by Xfinity to expect Bein sports HD within the next few months.

Can you offer any explanation or timeline now? With prices being raised again i'm finding it harder and harder to stick with Xfinity...especially with all the other options now.
New Poster

Re: Bein Sports HD????????

This is terrible ! ! !  The Comcast beIN Sports channel is unwatchable.  I agree with the other comcast customers... It's 2017 and people have 4k tv and we have to watch major soccer games in 480p.

If you are reading this and considering getting Comcast Bein sports... PLEASE DON'T. Now I see why more and more people are canceling their cable to watch everything online.

Can anyone from Comcast do something about it?  How do I get a decent beIN sport channel in 1080i or 1080p?

I'm tried of watching worldcup qualifing games that look they were shot with a 10-year old phone.

New Poster

I'd like to watch bein sports, too. please add it.

New Poster

I wish there was a way to force this upon Comcast, too easy for them to ignore our requests through forum posts.  I want BeIN HD simply for MotoGP and do not understand why they can't add BeIN HD to the lineup, so frustrating, especially for what we pay.  Just typing beIN into the forum search yields a ton of results, so there is certaintly a demand for it.  Even just letting us sign up for BeIN Connect would be enough.

New Poster

I had fubo.tv for a few months. It has Being Sports in English and Spanish in SUPER CLEAR HD!!! I also have the sports package through Xfinity and it's horrible watching Bein Sports in SD. What's unbelievable is that Bein Sports transmits in HD and it's Comcast that has decided to broadcast in SD!!!!! I cancelled fubo.tv because it was extra money for paying extra for channels I already have but it was worth it for a while to watch them in HD. Now I must settle for Comcast/Xfinity mediocrity.

New Poster

Yeah it’s ridiculous can’t wait to get rid of Comcast
New Poster

The answer is simple. Comcast wants everyone to switch to AT and T. This is why we pay extra to get the sports package but they pay nothing to bradcast it in return from bein. I sighned up for the sports package 4 years ago to watch world cup quailfiying and 4 years later I am still paying 9.99 extra for SD. 

They also want people to switch to watch Fox sports 2 as well as not broadcasting any 4K until 2020 or so, when At and T are streaming them now. 

I am getting to the point after all the problems I have had this summer with comcast over bad cable lines and then being charged $40 for them changing it on the pole to going statilite. 

New Poster

Agreed, I plan on switching to Verizon for this very reason. Ridiculous in 2017 to watch sports without HD. 

Official Employee

Hello all, unfortunitly we do not have "Bein Sports" provided in HD at this time. However, we do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

New Poster

I am leaving and going to Verizon.  It's been 8 years now, and Comcast refuses to broadcast BeIN Sports in true high definition defined as 1080 or greater.  Unbelievable. You guys must think we (customers) are nuts.  If I treated my clients this way -- ignoring the problem, never once commenting on what the true hold-up is, referring us rudely to silly links where we are encourgaged to "request channels," etc. -- we'd get fired. Terminanted.  I am taking my 2K a year to someone else who has a solution.