Community Forum

Bad signal to MSNBC

New Poster

Bad signal to MSNBC

Northville, MI - horrible signal to MSNBC for a little over a month. Why? Only channel to be affected? What is the fix?
New Poster

Re: Bad signal to MSNBC

I’m having the same problem. MSNBC is impossible to watch and this happens often but only to MSNBC which is my most watched channel. Glad to know I pay for TV I can’t even watch.
Frequent Visitor

Big problem that Comcast does not want to admit. They keep sending technicians out but it is a system issue.
Regular Visitor

Same problem w/ MSNBC,  sometimes I unhook the power cord and it works an one hour

Official Employee

Hello dghazil, can you please explain a little more about what you see on MSNBC when your issue occurs? Does the screen pixelate or is it fuzzy? Do you get any error messages? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

The screen get pixelate and I get get error message 225

Admin1

dghazil --Is this happening on all of your boxes or just one? 

Regular Visitor

I have 3 three boxes upstairs 2 the problem and 1 has regularly and I had replace it. 

My family room downstairs seem to work OK.  As a note approximately 5 month ago, Comcast tech new cable from the pole to house and he took out the signal amplifier in cellar. 

Admin1

dghazil -- Ok. That error message you provided indicates a signal issue. We would recommend having a tech come out to correct any signal issue. I can help get that setup. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I am having this issue in South Florida with CNBC as well. I hate to have a tech out because they never find anything.

New Poster

I bet this isn't happening to FOX!  It's a conspiracy!  MSNBC is what I watch, 90% of the time.  This is the 21st century and should not be happening.  

New Poster

I agree.  I pay extra for MSNBC and can never get it.