Community Forum

BBC World News HD

New Poster

BBC World News HD

Any chance we can get the HD stream added to the channel lineup?
Regular Contributor

Re: BBC World News HD

Good Morning jlbutterweck,

I have submitted your request to a Customer Feedback Form. Your suggestions help us to reevaluate our channel lineups as well as our overall content delivery, allowing us to create the best customer experience possible. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

jlbutterweck wrote:
Any chance we can get the HD stream added to the channel lineup?

I have the same request.  Amazed that I'm still watching this in SD.  Channel 173 in northern CO market, by the way.

Problem Solver

Hello milegihuy,

Thank you for your inquiry about adding BBC World News network in HD to your channel line-up. I have submitted your request to our Programming and Development Department, where channel requests are handled. Your entertainment experience is very important to us. While we cannot guarantee that the HD channel will be added, please know that we give very careful consideration to all requests for new networks when planning future channel line-ups.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Any chance we could get more of BBC on the basic package. We are stuck with just CNN and from what I understand FOX is much cheaper with regard to licensing. We just need alternatives
Problem Solver

Hello Minnrodgers,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. You would need to subscribe to a package with Digital Preferred or above in order to receive the BBC World News network. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Any Chance of getting BBC News HD & BBC America HD in Charleston SC?

Problem Solver

Hi LordChris,

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. All feedback is reviewed collectively and we also are constantly looking for ways to provide a better experience. Thank you for your feedback. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I've been a loyal Comcast customer for years (through the good, the bad, and now the better).

I recently discoverd the BBC American series "The Planet I" and most recently "The Planet II" and have spent the last 30-minutes trying to find the BBC HD channel in my area (I too live in the Charleston area). In my search, I made it to this forum and see I'm not alone in my interest in getting the BBC HD channel. I guess I'm spoiled; BBC Channel 114 just doesn't do it for me on my 65" LED-TV . . . 

Nothing but excellent programming on these BBC channels. Put me down in the "I want it" column . . . 

ChDon2017

New Poster

Has there been any update to this? We know the channel exist since I've seen it in other states, and if you go to Walmart the preview channel comes across the display TV's as "BBC HD" provided by Comcast/Xfinity.

New Poster

When will Xfinity add the HD channel of BBC World News to its HD lineup ??
New Poster

If BBC World news is not changed to HD by the time my contract ends then I will move to another provider that has it in HD. BOOM!