Community Forum

Anyway to watch East Coast Shows when they air instead of waiting for the West Coast feed?

New Poster

Anyway to watch East Coast Shows when they air instead of waiting for the West Coast feed?

Wondering if there is a way to watch some shows when they air on the East Coast, instead of having to wait 3 hours for them to air on the West Coast?

Specifically it wouild be nice to catch WWE on east coast times because it's a live show.     Also there is a block of programming on Saturday that starts at 11pm here, which I'd rather catch when it starts at 8pm on the East Coast.

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyway to watch East Coast Shows when they air instead of waiting for the West Coast feed?

Unless it's one of the few channels where there's only one HD feed (or it's something like HBO, where they have both the east and west coast SD feeds - I think the east feed is called HBO2), then no, and in a lot of cases, it's because the cable networks want it that way.  It's not just Comcast; on U-Verse, in most cases, the minute a network made its west coast feed available in HD, the east coast feed disappeared. (The one exception I can think of is TBS & TNT.)

I would not be a bit surprised if Vince McMahon himself had his hand in this somehow; if he can stop something he doesn't want seen (remember Lita's "wardrobe malfunction" from a few years back - which aired "uncensored" live, but was censored in the western feed?) from airing in half of the country, you know he'll do it.