Community Forum

Anyone else tired of the Comcast not fixing the loud commercials?

Frequent Visitor

Anyone else tired of the Comcast not fixing the loud commercials?

I've seen posts on here complaining of loud commercials, Comcast points you to an FCC website to submit the exact programming with the issue. What's odd is that Comcast isn't taking responsibility when to me the evidence is clear they are responsible:

- the loud commercials I've found tend to be in the middle of the commercial break and the volume elevates *during* the commercial about half way in. This is perfect to make sure you hear the commercial when you're most likely to step out of the room. 

- Comcast transmits programming digitally and clearly has either digital or electronics to control the volume of the programming... imagine if you couldn't hear the programming it wouldn't "work". So they are certainly responsible and currently managing through their devices and software the volume of the programming and keeping it normalized, otherwise if every commcerial and program was at a different level it would be a problem. 

- If the programming is adjusted conveniently when people are most likely to leave the room and ramped up in volume (as I've noticed) it is less detectible but provides a noticeable difference to those paying attention 

At some point if they don't fix this either intentional issue or allowed issue they will probably face a class action suit.

New Poster

Re: Anyone else tired of the Comcast not fixing the loud commercials?

Yes and I just reported them to the FCC it is against the law not to mention they blow your ear drums out with the loudness...