Community Forum

Antenna TV Little Rock

Frequent Visitor

Antenna TV Little Rock

So I go to watch Antenna TV on channel 233 in Little Rock, and some other network is on there. Antenna TV is nowhere to be found, but when I check the channel listing with Comcast online, it shows it is still available, and also gives me at least one HD channel it is supposed to be on. So I tried the HD channel listed for Antenna TV, and it doesn't even exist. What's the story? Has it been dropped from the lineup? If so, i don't recall getting a message about it's demise on my account messages. Is this non-existent HD channel.going to up and running sometime soon? Thanks in advance for the info.
Expert

Re: Antenna TV Little Rock

Most additions or loss of a channel show up on your bill ahead of time.

Can you get any local channels using an Antenna?  Most likely this sub-channel was dropped by your local television station transmitting over the air. It that case Comcast can no longer carry it at least for now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I actually contacted KTHV, the channel that airs Antenna TV, and they didn't have a clue as to why it wasn't airing on ch. 233. They suggested I contact Comcast. I also contacted Antenna TV, and they said to the best of their knowledge they were still partnered with KTHV and airing on ch. 233. So maybe it's some kind of mistake on Comcast''s side of things. Guess I'll have to contact them directly.
Frequent Visitor

And believe me, I have been considering getting an antenna for awhile...this may just push me over the edge. Smiley Happy
Expert

@scrapses wrote:
And believe me, I have been considering getting an antenna for awhile...this may just push me over the edge. Smiley Happy

An antenna is always a good idea. I have always had one. It is good backup if the cable goes down. Also; there are usually some local channels that might not have gotten on cable yet, and it has always been free except for dealing with commercials. It is also easier to find all the local channels so we switch back and forth a lot of times (just change source on tv).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi scrapses. Thank you for posting on our Forum. I can assist with checking your local channel lineup for what we are carrying on channel 233. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Looks to me like Comcast decided to put KTHV 11-4, Quest Network, on ch 233 in place of KTHV 11-2, AntennaTV.  Now, does that mean Antenna TV is gone for good?  IDK.  Sometimes they move stuff around to add all the subchannels of a local channel (I recall it took a while for Comcast to add PBS KETS 2-4 to the lineup).  I'd rather watch AntennaTV instead of Quest though.  

Will you let us know what you find out?  tvah