Community Forum

Amber Alert

Frequent Visitor

Amber Alert

So today as my mother and I were watching TV on the X1 system, an amber alert was issued on screen and everywhere like my WX radio. As I was saying, it came up on the TV saying something about their name but before we could read it all, it changed to the next page within 2 seconds! After that, it was worse and changed almost immediately. Keep in mind that they were 2 pages filled with small font.
Is this a bug or an issue? Please fix this as some people like us maybe would’ve liked to read more than the first 3 words of each page.

Thanks,
Christian
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Amber Alert

@coshiro1 wrote:
So today as my mother and I were watching TV on the X1 system, an amber alert was issued on screen and everywhere like my WX radio. As I was saying, it came up on the TV saying something about their name but before we could read it all, it changed to the next page within 2 seconds! After that, it was worse and changed almost immediately. Keep in mind that they were 2 pages filled with small font.
Is this a bug or an issue? Please fix this as some people like us maybe would’ve liked to read more than the first 3 words of each page.

Thanks,
Christian

those messages/format/timings are managed by the local/county/state/federal authority that issued the alert. Comcast just carries the 'notification'. Contact with the agency above is only way to resolve that problem.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.