Community Forum

Amber Alert

Frequent Visitor

Amber Alert

So today as my mother and I were watching TV on the X1 system, an amber alert was issued on screen and everywhere like my WX radio. As I was saying, it came up on the TV saying something about their name but before we could read it all, it changed to the next page within 2 seconds! After that, it was worse and changed almost immediately. Keep in mind that they were 2 pages filled with small font.
Is this a bug or an issue? Please fix this as some people like us maybe would’ve liked to read more than the first 3 words of each page.

Thanks,
Christian
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Amber Alert

@coshiro1 wrote:
So today as my mother and I were watching TV on the X1 system, an amber alert was issued on screen and everywhere like my WX radio. As I was saying, it came up on the TV saying something about their name but before we could read it all, it changed to the next page within 2 seconds! After that, it was worse and changed almost immediately. Keep in mind that they were 2 pages filled with small font.
Is this a bug or an issue? Please fix this as some people like us maybe would’ve liked to read more than the first 3 words of each page.

Thanks,
Christian

those messages/format/timings are managed by the local/county/state/federal authority that issued the alert. Comcast just carries the 'notification'. Contact with the agency above is only way to resolve that problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!