Community Forum

Altitude Sports

Frequent Visitor

Re: Don't block my altitude sports.

There is no different channel.  Your choices are to move to a tv provider that still carries altitude (which for many of us, is literally impossible), or find a sketchy online service/stream to watch the game.

New Poster

Re: Altitude Sports

please dont drop this channel i love to watch the Avs.

New Poster

If I lose Altitude Sports can I assume comcast will not charge the $8.00 monthly regional sports fee?

Frequent Visitor

Carriers need to look at this as an opportunity, the first one to get Altitude gets all the people like myself which will change everything to who ever has it!
New Poster

Altitude Sports

I have been very pleased with my tv, internet and security service with Xfinity since switching from Dish after 15 years of their service. That said, there are so many different options for all of those services and if I can't watch Nugget/Avalanche games I will be forced to find antother provider.  I am hopeful you can get a resolution to this issue so I don't have to cancel my service.

New Poster

Re: Don’t block my Altitude

There is already an $8.00 regional sports fee on the monthly bill, so the way I see it, Comcast doesn't pay KSE for Altitude, customers do. (this isn't restricted to that specific fee, the customers pay your costs for all your channels plus all other business costs, that's what your pricing structure is for.)

Please don't tell customers this is to 'protect them from higher pricing'...it's insulting. This is to protect the big three from having to make a decision of charging your customers more or having your margins taking a hit.  And to be fair, all three services are probably getting a small margin on Altitude anyway, but just say "we aren't willing to take a hit to our overall profit margin and would have to raise our rates." at least that would be honest.

Make the deal with KSE and Altitude, or lose a customer for life.  (one that will share their negative review of your service with any and everyone that will listen.)

10/04/19:
So long, Comcast! Cancelled yesterday, and was able to finally afford those club-level tickets at the Pepsi Center since I’m not paying your ridiculous monthly fee any longer. Avs home opener was AWESOME!
New Poster

If Comcast drops my altitude sports I will drop Comcast. Every other channel I watch, I can stream and the ln would have no need for Comcast
New Poster

Re: Altitude tv

Altitude is one of the most important channels we have! Get it figured out!
New Poster

Please do not get rid of Altitude!!!!!  I don't have to use Xfinity, so if Altitude is gone, so am I.  

Regular Visitor

I would urge Comcast to resolve this. I am currently a Comcast customer. If Comcast doesn't carry Altitude I will absolutely switch to whoever is carrying it - that's a fact. Unfortunately, however, if none of the "Big 3" ends up carring Altitude, there may be no options.

New Poster

Don’t block Altitude!!!
New Poster

It's sad that I hear all the time that the Nuggets and the Avs don't get  the credit they are due because they are in a small market. Now why would Altitude want to make that market even smaller? Especially when these teams owner also owns Altitude Sports! Well his wife owns the teams, isn't that right Mr. Kroenke. There's something going on! Did't Micro soft get heavily fined and lose some of their company for doing something like this/

New Poster

I COMPLETELY agree.  Many games are not offered on other channels as Denver is not a large market compared to LA or NYC.  So many Nuggets games are only available on Altitude Sports which is LOCAL.  If you block this as DirectTV does (which I just left) you may put this little local channel out of business!! Please don't do that.  I have season tickets but want to see all the away games!

New Poster

Xfinity,
For almost 5 years I was cable free and watching Netflix/Hulu. I got to Colorado and I wanted to watch local sports, so instead of paying the $100+ to NHL TV, I got cable. Now I can’t watch hockey... this is unacceptable. How hard would you work to keep one customer? Two? Think about all the sports fans that will flock to your competitors when they realize they can watch their favorite teams with another provider. This isn’t good business, this is a product of a negotiator’s failure to get to yes. Get back to the table and help your customers cheer on their favorite teams!
New Poster

Do not block my Avs
New Poster

Ok so change your packaging. Get rid of all the stupid channels that I never watch and give me the option to pay 14.99 a month for AltitudeTV, my local channels, Foxnews and maybe lifetime network.
New Poster

I’ve visited an Xfinity store 4 months ago. I was paying way too much for my services. I was ready to cut the cord and only have Internet. We don’t have time to watch too much TV so Netflix and sling TV would be plenty for us. However, the people we dealt with in the store were fantastic and gave me a deal I could not refuse. However, the ONLY Bottom line reason we kept cable TV was to watch the Nuggets games on altitude. My kids both play competitive basketball on several teams and every single Nuggets game is watched at our house. Please work out a deal with altitude sports. If we no longer have this channel come basketball season, we have no need for Xfinity services beyond Internet. And I will cancel.
New Poster

I want to be able to watch the Colorado Avalanche play.
New Poster

Colorado Avalanche needs to be on TV
Regular Visitor

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Every contract includes a certain package of channels and services at a fixed price for the stated period of time. But during the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed, or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. In this case, we removed Altitude from your programming package, because we no longer have permission from Altitude to carry it. While this change won’t cause prices to go down on existing packages, it will help reduce the speed at which they go up. The cost of programming generally continues to rise, which affects customers’ bills. In fact, our programming costs have more than doubled since 2006. We absorb a large portion of these cost increases and are doing our best to manage them while delivering additional value to you

That's an interesting paragraph there.  I'd like to point out there is a difference between dropping say MTV or The History Channel and Atlitude.  Everyone's bill has an $8.00 charge specifically for "regional sports fee".  There is no "music fee" or "comedy fee" or anything else of the sort.  The only comparable channels are HBO/Showtime/Starz etc.   If you discountinued half of those channels would you expect people to still pay the same amount?

The result of your dispute is that we are now being charged that extra $8.00 a month for less than half of the regional sports coverage we had been getting in the Denver area.  Sports are the driving factor behind having my TV package.

If prices go up, so be it.  Prices tend to do that over time.  Giving us less programming and saving up for when your AT&T contract comes up isn't much of an answer.

If Altitude isn't back on the air by when the puck drops for the first Avalance game I'll continue to be a cable customer until the moment Direct TV or DISH decide to work out a deal and not a day longer.

Regular Visitor

Yes I will go with you about the breaking an agreement Ive been with Comcast. since 2001.  I've given them enough money they can't break this contract,

@Geri4 wrote:

It is my understanding that Comcast is considering dropping the Altitude Sports Channel in the Denver area.  I sincerely hope you do not.   It is the absolute best station for watching the Denver Nuggets games, and other local sports.   No national broadcasters can compete with the knowledge and fun of Scott Hastings and Chris Marlow.  Sorry, but ESPN, and national channels just can't compete with inside info from local personnel.  I hope Comcast (Xfinity) understands that customers have limited dollars to spend on entertainment.  I recently signed up to extend service with Comcast for two years, with express discussion with the service agent that it included the Altitude Channel.  If you pull Altitude, you are clearly breaking the agreement we had.   

New Poster

We agree. We are very upset that we will not be able to watch the Avalanche when the season starts next week. Please get a deal done. Rest assured we will switch our service to the first provider that gets a deal done with Altitude. I am faulting Comcast over Altitude because Comcast is trying to change the dynamics of the economics while Altitude is simply trying to keep the status quo.
Valued Contributor

@Grundeg wrote:

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Every contract includes a certain package of channels and services at a fixed price for the stated period of time. But during the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed, or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. In this case, we removed Altitude from your programming package, because we no longer have permission from Altitude to carry it. While this change won’t cause prices to go down on existing packages, it will help reduce the speed at which they go up. The cost of programming generally continues to rise, which affects customers’ bills. In fact, our programming costs have more than doubled since 2006. We absorb a large portion of these cost increases and are doing our best to manage them while delivering additional value to you

That's an interesting paragraph there.  I'd like to point out there is a difference between dropping say MTV or The History Channel and Atlitude.  Everyone's bill has an $8.00 charge specifically for "regional sports fee".  There is no "music fee" or "comedy fee" or anything else of the sort.  The only comparable channels are HBO/Showtime/Starz etc.   If you discountinued half of those channels would you expect people to still pay the same amount?

The result of your dispute is that we are now being charged that extra $8.00 a month for less than half of the regional sports coverage we had been getting in the Denver area.  Sports are the driving factor behind having my TV package.

If prices go up, so be it.  Prices tend to do that over time.  Giving us less programming and saving up for when your AT&T contract comes up isn't much of an answer.

If Altitude isn't back on the air by when the puck drops for the first Avalance game I'll continue to be a cable customer until the moment Direct TV or DISH decide to work out a deal and not a day longer.

The statement from Comcast that programming costs have more than doubled is a red herring. What they don't tell you is Comcast sells commercial time on most channels and that defrays much of the cost of programming.

New Poster

I will seriously consider dropping my cable if Altitude isn't part of the package. With all of the options available to watch tv, there won't be many reasons to continue paying what we are. Altitude is a BIG reason to stay.
New Poster

DON'T BLOCK MY AVS AND NUGGETS!

I AM AGAIN MISSING ANOTHER HOCKEY GAME! SHAME ON YOU!! We will be cutting the cable and saying goodbye to Comcast and cutting the cable.  If I can't watch altitude TV, you're just not worth the money. During hockey and basketball season, I watch that channel 50 % of the time and probably 10% in the off season. I am absolutely furious!  Nice way to keep your customers, by taking away things they do want to pay for.

New Poster

Dont block Altitude sports in Colorado

I have always watched the Avalanche, Nuggets, Rapids, Mammoth and DU on Comcast please don't make me look for apps different service provider if you won't carry them on Comcast
New Poster

I too renewed with comcast last month(30 yr customer). It was after some negotiation that i dropped movie channels but was assured i still had my sports teams.  Losing the Avs is a major blow to my family and i have to beleive that Comcast cannot hold someone like me to there contract when they havent held up there side of the bargain.

I have to beleive there must be at least 25,000+ comcast customers who are already upset at missing pre season games.  I would think if the Avs/Nuggets are not on comcast when the real season begins Comcast will see serious customer issues. I know i will be looking to cancel my comcast agreement to fund a replacement service which im sure will exist by then.

New Poster

Don't Block My Avs! 

I renewed a 2 year contract with Xfinity solely in order to consistently watch the Avs. I was assured that Altitude TV was a current and future part of my Digital Starter line up. I will drop Comcast and spend the money at a bar if I can't watch the Avalance at home on my tv in DENVER - home of the Avs. 

There are many other ways to get internet and I'm fine with an antenna for the rest. 

I seriously only have cable for Altitude TV. Every other channel package I want is available through Amazon. 

You will alienate many customers if you don't come to an agreement soon.

Regular Visitor

I have been with Comcast since 2001 they have to uphold their cintract or they may see a lot of law suits from people that have paid for it .  Your going to loose more money dropping it than exacuting a new contract.

Expert

@bl01jn98 wrote:

I have been with Comcast since 2001 they have to uphold their cintract or they may see a lot of law suits from people that have paid for it .  Your going to loose more money dropping it than exacuting a new contract.

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s).

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Don't block my Altitude TV

agree we should begin a comcast strike.  I don't know but I'm sick and tired of this .  I will drop them very quickly after 20 years.

New Poster

Re: Don't block my Altitude TV

Yes, legally you have a right to change services, drop services, etc by our contract with Comcast.  However, you have to expect an outcry when you drop such an important channel to those of us that love to watch Denver/Colorado sports. Not all of us worship the Broncos and Rockies.

That being said, we have been faithful customers for over 25 years.  The minute there is another option to watch regional sports we will sign up for it.  I truly hope it is with Xfinity, but if not, I guess that is your loss.  And it looks like we will not being the only customers doing so.

Don't block my Altitude.

New Poster

I am very upset that Altitude sports is no longer a part of my channel selection. If this is not corrected them i will find and sign with those whom are. Cable, internet and phone included.
New Poster

DON'T BLOCK ALTITUDE SPORTS

Do not block Altitude Sports.  That channel is essentially the only reason my household keeps cable.  Otherwise, we will have no reason to continue paying for cable.  

New Poster

Then bring us our sports. We pay a lot of money for this service. If we do not have sports there is no reason to have Comcast.
New Poster

Don't Block My Avs!!

What is the status of resolving the issue with Altitude?  Opening night of the regular season is next week.  You are running out of time -- at least to save my 20+ year relationship with Comcast.

New Poster

Like other customers, the only reason I have cable, is to watch Altitude. I checked before I switched to Xfinity 2 months ago to make sure they had Altitude and now have no reason to keep your cable service. Comcast's of course will accept no responsibility for this.
New Poster

The costs of programming keep going up due to more people cutting the cord, something you are encouraging with this move. By the way, only away games are not blacked out on all the channels you mentioned. Further, due to the size of the Denver market, very few Avalanche or Nuggets games are nationally broadcast.
New Poster

Your prices continue to go up and service and channels continue to go down.  If you won't carry the channels I signed up for then what is the point of putting up with your pathetic service. 

Contributor

@Again wrote:

@bl01jn98 wrote:

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s).

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

Thank you for jumping in with your thoughts.

What's your opinion on the Regional Sports Channel fee?  Should that be adjusted accordingly?

New Poster

Don't block the Avalanche games.

Frequent Visitor

One of the big 3 has a huge opportunity! Who ever is the 1st to work out a deal with Altitude will see a huge jump because every Aves and Nuggets fan will change. And since this is all about $$ you would think one of the big 3 will get even more greedy.
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity, Dish, and Direct TV are in collusion to force Altitude Sports to either sign a terrible deal and lose money, or force them out of business. Altitude did offer to reduce their price, but obviously not enough as the 3 companies are trying to squeeze them to. Xfinity tries to to deflect and blame Altitude Sports but no one is buying that story. What's Xfinity's bogus excuse going to be to continue to charge subscribers $8 for Regional Sports coverage?

I've always resisted changing from Xfinity to a competitor, but as soon as someone else makes a deal with Altitude, I'll definitely consider it.

DON'T BLOCK MY ALTITUDE!!
New Poster

Altitude Sports

Please resolve the Altitude Sports contract situation ASAP.  Altitude is the #1 reason I subscribe to comcast/xfinity for cable and without it, there's really not a reason for me to continue paying for it.

New Poster

I am going to partially contradict my own original post. I’m sort of tired of getting kudos on the original post. <br><br>Blame for this rests with both parties. It is true Comcast won’t extend the same contract terms it provides to the networks it operates. We can have an anti-trust debate about that later. <br><br>Let’s also be clear that Keonke and Altitude are to blame as well. Their network is not as good, doesn’t have the variety of quality entertainment needed to draw large numbers of viewers outside the primary sports broadcasts. <br><br>It was Altitude that pulled the network. Comcast is actually making more money with it off the air, even considering the small number of people who may cancel. Altitude is in the weak spot for negotiating, and that is why they are running the add campaign. <br><br>Bottom line, we are all getting screw-ed over some really rich people having a childish argument over more money for them. Neither party really cares about the people posting on this forum.
Frequent Visitor

@AvsFan-95 wrote:
I am going to partially contradict my own original post. I’m sort of tired of getting kudos on the original post. <br><br>Blame for this rests with both parties. It is true Comcast won’t extend the same contract terms it provides to the networks it operates. We can have an anti-trust debate about that later. <br><br>Let’s also be clear that Keonke and Altitude are to blame as well. Their network is not as good, doesn’t have the variety of quality entertainment needed to draw large numbers of viewers outside the primary sports broadcasts. <br><br>It was Altitude that pulled the network. Comcast is actually making more money with it off the air, even considering the small number of people who may cancel. Altitude is in the weak spot for negotiating, and that is why they are running the add campaign. <br><br>Bottom line, we are all getting screw-ed over some really rich people having a childish argument over more money for them. Neither party really cares about the people posting on this forum.

What do you mean by "Altitude...pulled the network"?  You mean they didn't give Comcast permission to broadcast without paying them?  If so, that's a strange way of wording it (which both sides are guilty of).

Yes, it's childish.  Rich people fighting over pennies.  But at the end of the day, we are customers of Comcast, not altitude.  We can find fault all we want with Altitude, but its not them we are paying to deliver channels.  It's comcast.  They need to find a way to deliver the channels that were advertised when we signed up.  If Altitude were asking for some crazy fee increase instead of simply extending the status quo, I'd agree with you more.

As for leverage, you are correct. Altitude is in a terrible negotiating position.  That's why this has continued for so long and likely will continue for a while longer.  Doesn't mean that: A.  We should be satisfied with that, and B.  Comcast is no longer charging us.

New Poster

This line tells you everything you need to know about Comcast:

"In this case, we removed Altitude from your programming package, because we no longer have permission from Altitude to carry it.  While this change won’t cause prices to go down on existing packages, it will help reduce the speed at which they go up."

Comcast says they made a "fair" offer because they care so much about their customers.  But despite saving all that money they won't pass a dime of that  onto their users, they'll just slow  the increases. 

Stop pretending this is about the customers.

Regular Visitor

@wayninja wrote:

@AvsFan-95 wrote:

What do you mean by "Altitude...pulled the network"?  You mean they didn't give Comcast permission to broadcast without paying them?  If so, that's a strange way of wording it (which both sides are guilty of).

Yes, it's childish.  Rich people fighting over pennies.  But at the end of the day, we are customers of Comcast, not altitude.  We can find fault all we want with Altitude, but its not them we are paying to deliver channels.  It's comcast.  They need to find a way to deliver the channels that were advertised when we signed up.  If Altitude were asking for some crazy fee increase instead of simply extending the status quo, I'd agree with you more.

As for leverage, you are correct. Altitude is in a terrible negotiating position.  That's why this has continued for so long and likely will continue for a while longer.  Doesn't mean that: A.  We should be satisfied with that, and B.  Comcast is no longer charging us.

Altitude absolutely put themselves into an awful position by having contracts with the 3 most prominent providers in the area all expire at the same time.   If they were still available on DirectTV we likely wouldn't be seeing this fight with Comcast.  (DISH is another matter, they have a bunch of Fox Sports networks blocked too.)

I get that the regional sports networks charge more than the carriers might like.  What Comcast has to keep in mind is that in the land of DVRs and On Demand programming, sports is one of the few things that people will insist on watching live.  It's also one of the things people get really passionate about.

I'm sure Comcast is saving money seeing they don't have to pay Altitude yet still pass along that entire regions sports fee to it's customers.  I doubt there have been many cancellations yet.  I guess we'll see how things change once the regular seasons start for the Avs and Nuggets.

New Poster

Comcast wanting to get a better deal w/ Altitude for its customers is laughable.  Get a deal done with them so that I can watch the Avs home opener on Thursday!

Frequent Visitor

This needs to end.  Get it done.