Community Forum

Adding a channel

New Poster

Adding a channel

I am trying to add the Lifetime HD channel to my lineup even if I have to pay for it. Where is that option, and how do I add it?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Adding a channel

The cable industry won't let you add or remove individual channels except for premiums. If you don't have a subscription to Lifetime, you'd need to add the TV tier that includes it, possibly Economy or Starter. If you already have the standard def version of Lifetime but not the HD version, you'd need to add HD service and an HD cable box if you don't have them already.

You'll probably need to call in or chat with them to make the changes, or visit a Service Center (see http://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations/).

Official Employee

Re: Adding a channel

Hi Madrin59, the information that (BruceW) provided is correct. Only premium channels like Starz and HBO can be added A la carte, to add Lifetime HD you would have to find a TV package that has the channel. If you need assistance I can help you add the channel here or you can always go online, sign in and the click on the "shop/upgrade" tab.