Community Forum

Add a channel & package listing

Contributor

Add a channel & package listing

Greetings

I have Comcast basic package. I think they call it 10+. Most of it I don't watch and there are more channels not in English which are of no benefit to me as I only speak English.

I am not sure if you can add channels and/or do away with ones that you never watch,

I would like to add the Hallmark Channel and maybe a hockey channel.

I can't afford to upgrade to a better package as I am on a fixed/limited income.

Also if there a listing of the channels for this program. I waste more time scanning channels that are blocked. Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Add a channel & package listing

Nobody can answer this?

Bronze Problem Solver

IBleed4THee -- In order to get channels like those, you would need to upgrade to a higher tier. The only channels that can be added as an addition would be premium channels like HBO, Showtime, and so on. As for a channel listing, you can use this link to view channels in your area. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Comcast Shane

Thank you for your reply and sorry that I didn't reply sooner. Being a disabled senior on a limited fixed income the plan I have is about as much as I can afford. With that the few years I've had it it has doubled in price. I just went thru the listing and there are 57 Christmas movies offered but none in the package I have. Rather sad for this time of the year for us who can't afford your higher price/tier packages. That leaves us who have my package in the dark and have no movies to look forward to except the Sunday ones offered on ION. Even with those they are the same movies every year with maybe a new one added.

But looking at my plan, which leaves a great deal to be desired. We have at least 13 football games a week, friday night, all day saturday/night and all day sunday/night. It includes 4 shopping networks, way too many "religious" networks, more Music networks than I want to count and lets not forget all the networks for Spanish speaking people. But checking your packages they have their own plan, so why should they be on the plan I pay for. The comsumer basically has no say over what channels they get watch. In the line up I watch ABC, NBC, CBS, ION AND occasionally Fox.

Thanks for the link but it really doesn't pertain to my package. I don't have on Demand or HDTV as they were not something I could afford in the plan. My plan started at $12 and now it up to over $24. Wish I could do away with all those stations/networks that I never watch and add a few that might be of interest.

Thank you

Highlighted
Official Employee

IBleed4THee - 

Thank you for reaching out here. I would love to have the opportunity to review the account with you to see what packages are available at a cost-effective price. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to take a look at this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Comcast Ally

Thank you for reaching out and I have sent the message your asked for.

Official Employee

Thank you, IBleed4THee! I just responded back to you in a PM. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!