Community Forum

Acorn TV - only a part of of the shows available?

Regular Visitor

Acorn TV - only a part of of the shows available?

I was excited to see Comcast offer Acorn TV but disappointed when I susbcribed only to find that, of the 230 shows that are available on my pre-existing acorn.tv web-based service, only 67 (about 25%) are showing up in the Comcast On-Demand Acorn channel.  Am I missing something?

New Poster

Re: Acorn TV - only a part of of the shows available?

I am having the same issue.  I have 84 Acorn shows available out of the 237 (or something like that) that Acorn's web site lists.  A relative who also signed up this week through Comcast has only 76 Acorn shows available!  I tried to speak to someone at Comcast about the issue but got nowhere.

Contributor

I'd suggest you check again.  I have many many Acorn TV series (234) and docs and feature films.

Maybe they have updated since they first got the service.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue - only some episodes are available.

I recently subscribed to Acorn TV specifically to watch Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. However, I do not have access to 10 episodes! Instead, the only viewing options made available are IMG TV which requires a per episode purchase, or Netflix which requires an additional subscription.

I contacted Comcast on 10/29/18 and 11/3/18. Each time they rebooted my connection but were unable to provide access. Each agent also said they would contact Acorn TV on my behalf, however I have not received a call back and still don’t have the access I paid for.

I contacted Acorn directly and hope to receive a response soon.  If this isn't resolved by the end of the month I will cancel my Acorn subscription.

Contributor

Acorn only has the first two seasons (Series) of Miss Fisher. Netflix has the third season. You can even check the Acorn website and you’ll see that they don’t have the 3rd season. The first two seasons are free if you subscribe to Acorn via Xfinity.
Contributor

By the way, if the only viewing options showing up for you for the first two seasons is IMG TV, you may not actually be subscribed to Acorn.
New Poster

I received a response from Acorn regarding the ability to access Season 3 of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries:  

"Season 3 is not available through Acorn TV."

This is unacceptable.  Are subscribers expected to investigate the availability of  their preferred programs before signing up? I can't think of any other subscription service that does not provide all episodes of a series they offer. This is extremely deceptive and I am cancelling my Acorn TV subscription immediately and expect a refund from Comcast.

New Poster

I definitely subscribed to Acorn and am being billed by them.

Contributor

Yeah I know how you feel about Acorn. I actually subscribed for A Place To Call Home only to find that when a new episode aired in Australia on Sundays, Acorn would make you wait a full week plus one day before they would make the episode available! The series finale aired on October 21 but Acorn did not upload it until October 29. Having no access to live Australia tv, I would have to avoid Twitter spoilers until after it aired on Acorn.
Contributor

If you’re being billed by Acorn and you subscribed through them, you cannot watch Acorn through Xfinity’s addon subscription. They are standalone subscriptions.