Community Forum

AMC channel sound interference?

New Poster

Re: AMC channel sound interference?

Same problem Milford MI 48381.
New Poster

I've got the same thing going on in Huntsville, AL.  It's been happening for the last 2 weeks. Only on AMC.

New Poster

Same problem (intermitent buzzing sound watching AMC on X1) here in Baltimore (21218) on X1. Thanks for looking into this for all of us.  EDITED: FYI, for folks saying they can't PM... I just signed up and didn't have the option either.  Once I posted on this forum it seems to have unlocked the option to PM.

New Poster

Experiencing the same thing in CO.
Regular Visitor

Having same trouble in Chattanooga, TN. Everytime we watch AMC that buss sound comes on. It's bad when your trying to watch Walking Dead. Comcast please fix
Regular Visitor

This is such a joke. Over a month of this nonsense.
Frequent Visitor

Have the sounds also.  TV and computer/tablet get the sounds, so it isn't just the TV.

New Poster

Same issue in Burlington County, NJ. It has been going on for months.

New Poster

Same problem here for the past month, Ft Wayne, IN. Both cable boxes, on TV speakers and really noticeable on my headphones. It seems to make the blip sounds when the TV audio hits a certain note/pitch. Sometimes it's the background music that triggers it repeatedly when it hits the same note. Only on AMC channel. All programs and commercials, any time of day. 

New Poster

Henderson, Maryland. This has been driving me nuts for 4 straight weeks. Constantly bleeping and buzzing every time I watch AMC. No other channel. I have a several year old box, and do not have X1. Needs to be fixed. It's not the box, or location, definitely the signal coming from Comcast.
New Poster

Yep, have been experiencing the same thing here in Boulder, CO. Has been like this for a few weeks now. We only watch The Walking Dead, thought it was just the recordings but it’s the channel in general.
New Poster

We are having the same issue here in Billerica, MA.  The annoying sounds have been happening only on AMC.  Been going on for several weeks now.  Please get this fixed...the sounds are VERY annoying.

New Poster

Same thing here in Aurora CO. Only AMC as far as we can tell.
Frequent Visitor

just received this from a PM from xfinity 

It appears that this issue is coming in on AMC's end. We are very sorry but we are not finding any known fixes involving troubleshooting your Comcast equipment to resolve this problem. If any information comes from AMC in terms of an estimated time of resolution we'll be sure to keep you informed. -Benjamin

New Poster

Does anyone know whether the same issue happens on AMC when it's coming through Verizon FIOS? I'm an amateur for sure, but it seems like common sense -- if FIOS is clear, that would tell us that the problem is in Comcast's engineering somehow.

New Poster

I think we need to take this up with AMC...  I am going to try that.

New Poster

I too have noticed this buzzing sound since the week of Halloween on my recording of the Walking Dead. It also does it on the Talking Dead following that show. It happens on my DVR recordings as well as live TV. I'm using a MX011ANM X1 DVR. The replies that this must be related to the signal level seems very unlikely as this is being reported by various customers across the nation. This only happens on AMC and has been going on since Halloween on both live TV and recordings. 

Frequent Visitor

If this truly is an AMC problem, then Comcast should work with AMC to fix it.  Putting the burden on the user seems unacceptable.  Yes, we pay for Comcast, but we are the customer of COMCAST.  Comcast, in turn, pays AMC (actually quite a lot) for the rights to carry their programming.  If the quality of that is subpar, I'd get an engineer with Comcast to call AMC (I'm sure they have a support number) and have them fix it.

I suspect that it is actually NOT an AMC problem, because if it were we would have other providers having this issue.  But, by blaming AMC, they don't have to take responsibility for the problem and can push the fix off longer (because I bet this fix is going to cost money).  

Comcast,  you re-encode AMC to lower the bitrate and picture quality, could your encoder be bad?  My money's on that.

New Poster

I have the same issue. Only the AMC channel whether its live or DVR tweaks like every 10 seconds or so. It's almost getting to a point where I cant watch anything on AMC. Every other channel has no issues.
Contributor

After pushing back against a tech visit which would have been a waste of time,  I was informed by a Comcast rep that the issue is with AMC and that AMC is working on it.   How many forum posts does it take to get some better feedback from Comcast.   I was also informed that since this is not Comcast's issue that no credit is due after requesting one.  Really?!? I am really frustated with the lack of quality control at this point.  

New Poster

Same problem here in Jacksonville, FL. Drives me nuts. It’s also in The Talking Dead.
Regular Contributor

Please report this issue to AMC directly and copy them on this thread. 

Make sure to select XFINITY as your TV provider.

https://www.amc.com/contact-us

Official Employee

Hi, everyone - 

Thank you to all those who worked with me in a PM to troubleshoot this and bring more attention to the AMC audio issue. 

At this time, AMC is aware of the issue and working hard to resolve it for all those affected. No further troubleshooting is needed, and hopefully they'll be back up and running soon.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m in the Metro Detroit area in Michigan and AMC channel is the only channel that has that frequent buzzing noise. When I record The Walking Dead and watch it, the buzzing is recorded with it as well! It’s starting to really annoy me and the annoyance is not worth watching my shows on this channel.
Regular Visitor

This happens for me as well. 02188 in Mass. Not only is it sad that this isn't technically considered an "issue" but don't you think AMC would like to know that their only decent program is riddled with garbage noise? Personally if I can't skip thru commercials and I can't get clear audio there's really no reason to watch the channel or the program.
Most Valued Poster

Still heard the "Buzz or Frequency Beeps" last night while watching Christmas Vacation with AMC HD (ch 889) comcast of Garden State, NJ 08054.

New Poster

This buzzing/frequency glitching has been occurring in Chicagoland area for the better part of two months. It is specific to AMC & AMC DVR'd content.

However, if using XFINITY on-demand the disturbances are not apparent. It only occurs with the compression of the real-time broadcast. Unfortunately, it's at the point of ruining shows (The Walking Dead).

Nothing like seeing Jesus wandering through a fog lit graveyard, with minimal sound only to be interrupted by the digital farts of AMC.  

New Poster

Reply From AMC:

Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry and we’re sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this. Our tech team is aware of this broadcast audio issue and actively working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we try to sort this out.

Frequent Visitor

I believe if this isn't working soon, Comcast should give us the premium channel for AMC free ( I would like to know if the noise is on that anyway since that is new and could be part of the reason we are hearing that noise on the non premium channel) until this is fixed.   This is getting to be quite annoying since we have more days off right now and we are catching up on different shows on AMC but can't really enjoy this and I don't like on demand (noise is still there anyway)since I can't speed through the commercials like I can with the DVR which is why I pay for it.

Regular Contributor

AMC contacted me back and said they know of the issue and are working to correct it on their end. 

Frequent Visitor

I understand that this noise issue is on AMC end but Comcast pays AMC and we pay Comcast- I have a deal with comcast and they are not willing to give me a credit for a service I pay for that they are not providing right now on a main channel I watch - the fact that it is comming from AMC is not my problem - they give us customers a credit then they deal with AMC regarding getting their credit- GET IT!   

New Poster

Same issue for well over a month...only on AMC. Noticed on Walking/Talking Dead...now watching recording of Little Drummer Girl...same exact intermittent short buzzing noise! Really annoying...

I am in Boston 02131. Please help!!! :/ 

Most Valued Poster

While watching "Elf" last night ( Saturday 12/1/2018) I didn't hear any Beeping or buzzing interferance for the first time in a long time with ch 889 Garden State, NJ ( 08054 ).

Regular Visitor

I have had the same issue since around the beginning of October in Waterford, MI 48328. We noticed it during Walking Dead, but have also heard it during movies. Other channels and do not have this issue - only on AMC.

Streaming AMC through Xfinity Stream seems to be fine. I have watched AMC DVR recordings through the Stream app and get the buzzing sounds.