Community Forum

AMC channel sound interference?

Regular Visitor

AMC channel sound interference?

Has anyone noticed a slight buzzing sound on AMC? It happens quite often. It's a short almost buzzing sound, some louder than others. It almost sounds like how cell phones used to interfere with speakers but a shorter sound. It's quite annoying. I noticed it earlier this week. It's only AMC and it happens on the 2 TVs I've tested.

Contributor

Re: AMC channel sound interference?

Yes I have the same issue and posted in the non x1 section. Another person also chimed in that they have the same issue. Something going on with the channel. It was still doing it today. Comcast rep suggested it was my TiVo which isn't the case.
New Poster

I have had the same issue for over a week now. Weird thing is I don’t hear it on commercials.
Expert

I just checked all channel locations for AMC channel on linear cable in my service area: 

Minneapolis.  I found no audio, or buzzing (RF interference).

It may be a localized program from a cable getting damaged (water, animal, etc.). I would check for local problem in Comcast site, or call 1-800-XFINITY, to check signal level to your homes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I’ve been having the same issue. It’s rather annoying especially when the audio has to be turned up due to the program having low volume. I’m in Massachusetts if that helps
New Poster

Ive had the same problem for over a week. In Gloucester county NJ. Didnt try to call support. Wouldnt expect,to be able to explain it to them. But definitely only AMC channel
Regular Contributor

Yep ... same problem here for about a week.  I 1st noticed on my 10/28 Walking Dead recording.  My singal levels are fine and it's only happening on AMC.  It's happening on my X1 box and my HD-DTA.  I'm in the Philly region.  My guess is it has something to do with how they are handling the data compression for the channel.

Neighbors are seeing the same thing.

New Poster

I noticed it during Walking Dead last week, and I'm noticing the same thing during it right now.

New Poster

Also, I'm in MA, so definitely not a regional limited issue.

Contributor

Yeah 2nd week with this issue with AMC in Connecticut. Maybe with the additional people posting that will get some attention from a Comcast rep and resolve this finally.
New Poster

I have noticed the same issue. Happened on AMC last week during Walking dead (which I watched on my dvr recording) and it's happening right now as I'm watching TWD live. X1 box. Minneapolis.
New Poster

I’ve noticed the same thing for the last few weeks on my main X1 box and the small one in another room. AMC HD channel only. I’m in the Twin Cities area in MN.
Regular Visitor

OP here. Still hapening. Location: northern WV
Expert

I am in Bloomington MN (T.C. area).

I have just checked all channels of the AMC channel. I have no audio problems from any of them.

I have a Cisco RNG1050N HD cable-box.

The problem might be your cable-box type, local outside RF interference, your your local service area.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

It is not the box since people are reporting it from different locations in the country.  It is something with Comcast's distribution of the channel or AMC itself.   It is up to Comcast to resolve this one.  

New Poster

Yes, same thing. I hear it on TV and when streaming on the app and watching AMC. First noticed it watching TWD final Rick Grimes episode on app and then tonight watching the movie Shooter on TV. I’m in Burlington County NJ.
New Poster

Yep, I'm in Huntsville. Periodic buzzing noises .
New Poster

Yup, I’ve had the same issue for at least a couple of weeks. At first I thought the issue had to do with my new TV and Sonos. But the problem is only with AMC. Short digital blips, and extremely annoying. Located in Nashville.
New Poster

Having this exact problem in Gloucester County NJ. I called Comcast and they said they’d send someone out but I don’t think it’ll help, as it’s only the one channel, AMC. What is going on? It’s so frustrating, someone please fix this problem. I have to turn the sound down low because I can’t stand the buzzing sound. And I hear it during commercials too.
New Poster

Yes I hear it too started in the last two weeks. Hearing it today on AMC only has well.
Regular Contributor

Happening right now to me in Boston. Very annoying.  I thought it was my service, but I guess it is not. 

Seriously  Comcast. Need to fix this. So annoying, 

New Poster

Yes! I’ve noticed it during The Walking Dead over the last 3 weeks. I hear an electronic sound fading in and out. It’s awful. I actually found this question while searching for answers about it. Hopefully they’ll get it figured out and fix it.
New Poster

Same here, buzzing sound has been happening since before Halloween, only AMC channel, happens on all TVs, Comcast needs to fix this
Regular Visitor

Ok seriously there’s enough people complaining about this issue. How do we escalate this to an actual Comcast employee? I’m not paying $150 a month for cable for an issue to be happening for weeks and no resolution
Regular Visitor

Same problem here for last 2 or 3 weeks.  Happens only on AMC / Walking Dead.  I'm in Massachusetts.

New Poster

Yes, we have the same issue in Houston on Xfinify only primaryly noticed on AMC during Walking Dead for the past few weeks. It’s very annoying.  (It’s during the show and commercials, live and recorded)

Please Comcast fix it!

Regular Contributor

It was worse last night towards the end of TWD. 

New Poster

Same problem in Montgomery County, MD. Buzzing occurs during TWD on X1 DVR and AMC On-Demand. It’s been happing for the last 2-3 episodes.
New Poster

This is happening also in Boulder, CO; only on AMC; during shows and commercials. It makes shows effectively unwatchable; the sound is extremely distracting at best, and to some people with hearing sensitivities, like myself, physically disturbing. I had to mute the sound and try to watch with closed captioning, which is a terrible experience  for certain kinds of programs. To the helpful ‘expert’ posting about tests performed, you don’t need to test anything except to spend five minutes or less trying to enjoy an otherwise quiet scene on AMC with just dialogue to hear the low-toned, intermittent buzzing “blips” and “beeps”, accurately described above as once-common radio signals, such as those from early cellphones, picked up by unsheilded speakers and headsets. Absolutely maddening. 

Regular Visitor

Yes, same here in NH. This has been going on for about a month now with just this channel. I just talked to Comcast to no avail. We did the standard troubleshooting even thou i had done them beforehand,  i attempted again. Reset the cable box, unplug for 20 seconds, etc. I even entertained the silly idea of swapping out the HDMI cable with a brand new unused one. I told them everything else is perfect, but he wanted to try it, FAIL of course. There is a glitch somewhere in the matrix.

New Poster

I'm glad I found this. Been having this for 3 weeks down in Fort Lauderdale Florida. X1 box happens on both my TV's during shows and commercials only on AMC.
Expert

I finally ran into the problem here in the Twin Cities area.

It is more pronounced on SD channel. It is more noticable on the television speakers.

I can overcome the problem adjusting version of audio used on Sony Surround system. HD channels are not a problem.

New Poster

As I posted in @jpav's thread,  I'm having the same buzz on AMC in 06416. I first noticed the issue on 11/4.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here in 06484. Definitely has to be something in the stream or the h.264 1080i to 720p down conversion they do.
Regular Contributor

No response from Comcast? Anyway to share this with AMC SUPPORT?

Frequent Visitor

Here in Baltimore I have the same problem.  I noticed it on AMC HD channel.  It happens on Yamaha, Sony and Pioneer home theater recievers.  SO the problem is not related strictly to region od SD channels.

Regular Visitor

Anyone have luck with this? Going on over 3 weeks now. This is a joke. I'm in Southeast Ma.
New Poster

Same issue on TiVo Roamio, HD channel, Harpers Ferry WV.   Been going on for a few weeks now.  

Contributor

I was literally about to bring my center channel to the repair shop for a blown tweeter.

The only reason I didn't is because I could never duplicate the issue except during The Walking Dead on AMC.

Add me to the list. Comcast X1 HD DVR in Plantation, FL 33322.
New Poster

Yes!! 3 weeks and going now and only on AMC. Very annoying... I thought it was my soundbar but it happens with regular tv speakers as well. Can’t even enjoy the shows. Please fix this Comcast...
New Poster

This thread has been open for over two weeks now without a single response from a comcast/xfinity employee??? I too have been dealing with the annoying intermittent buzz specifcally on the AMC channel. Glad its not my TV or speakers and seems to be more of an xfinity issue.  Would be nice if someone like a CSR would at least acknowlege the issue... Hello, Xfinity, are you there?!

Tags (3)
New Poster

Same issue in 08201. Been going on for about three weeks, same as everyone else. I have an X1 box, viewing AMCHD only
New Poster

Same problem here in Chicago. X1 DVR, only on AMC. It’s like a weird little buzz that kicks in and out at certain sound frequencies. I suspect there’s some issue with the audio codec being used by AMC and some incompatibility with the X1 receiver. Hopefully someone at xfinity will dog into this at some point as it’s quite annoying.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have noticed this as well on AMC the past few weeks.   It is very annoying and distracting watching the Walking Dead.   I’m in the Scranton, PA system.   I agree with some of you and thinking it has to do with the handling of the data compression for the channel.   It’s the only channel that it is happening on for me.

Frequent Visitor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

It may be a localized program from a cable getting damaged (water, animal, etc.). I would check for local problem in Comcast site, or call 1-800-XFINITY, to check signal level to your homes.

Is there a way to mark an "answer" as useless? Because this one is beyond no help. There's an issue with the AMC signal comcast is sending out, PERIOD, nto a damaged cable. HD feed, using comcast DVR, sound is terrible, like there's too low of a bitrate allocated to audio or something so it sound like a bad cellphone connection. First noticed this on one of those "Eli Roth" horror thingys last weekend. Had to watch the "final rick grimes" Walking Dead episode I had stockpiled on my DVR on On Demand instead(sound is fine there, just tons of commercials) then turned to the live channel to still hear the same buzzy "tin can" mess on the movie "Alien" late last night/early this morning.

I've not noticed this on any other channel, I've tried adjusting all audio options on the DVR/cable box AND my TV (and I don't use any sound bars or anything else), it's clearly a bad signal, though, as no adjustments change anything (and the sound On Demand of the same show is just fine...) Connected via HDMI to TV.

Expert

Tired_of_This:

I just checked out the AMC channel (HD) about 5 minutes ago. I only have linear cable service with Comcast. My cable box is a: Cisco RNG150N.

I am having absolutely no audio problems watching the current movie 'Under Siege".  I normally use: HD Digital Cinema Sound, or Pro Logic II Movie,  or sometimes Neo:6 Cinema for decoding 2 channel into 5 channels.

If I am not helping you, too bad. Maybe AMC finally is getting the problem solved.

Contributor

Nope....the problem still exists. I just checked the same show. Comcast needs to fix this issue. They are the ones providing the station on their cable system. If they need to reach out to AMC to figure it out then so be it, but the lack of the response from an official Comcast rep on this forum is an embarrassment. People should keep track the time they spend troubleshooting and reach out for a credit if they ever acknowledge this or resolve it. Comcast doesn't have an issue coming up with creative ways to increase fees but it doesn't seem to be helping the technical side of things.
Contributor

Is there any way to alert a Comcast employee to come into this thread and address this with us? Or do we just have to wait endlessly?

Regular Visitor

I have this problem as well.  Started noticing it (like several others) on Walking Dead / Talking Dead a couple weeks ago.  It's happing tonight on the movies Shooter and The Departed.  I haven't noticed problems on other channels, but I can't say I watch that many.  Seems odd that it's taking so long for the problem to be addressed. 

Using Tivo Bolt, not an xfinity box.  Denver, Colorado.

New Poster

I'm in Thornton CO.  AMC seems to be the only issue.  Walking Dead and History of Horror.  Glitchy old phone sounds. 

Does Comcast even read these forums?

byDAM