Community Forum

unreasonable charge? not make sense!

New Poster

unreasonable charge? not make sense!

My wifi is not working at home so that I call the customer service. They told me they would send someone in to check my problem. They told me that this service may or may not charge to me depend on what is the problem is. Today the tech come in and find out the equipment at the outside is not working. Then they change that equipment. The tech tells me I should not get charge for this. But thing never comes easy, I call the customer service again and talk to the agent, they tell me no matter what, I have to pay this maintain service for $70. what??? If I know I am going to get charge for this, why should I still use your service? And this is not my problem! This is there equipment failing! This is no making any sense to me!! They say they can't waive that. And apparently, this is not my fault, they charge me without any reason. What is the customer guarantee, what is the service? I AM VERY ANGRY. And I promise I would use other services beside Xfinity.

Expert

Re: unreasonable charge? not make sense!

The tech is correct.

Since the problem was beyond your premises, you shouldn’t have been charged for the visit.

I’m going to escalate your issue to a Comcast Employee to further assist.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Do you know when I can hear back from the comcast employee? I can still see the charge in my account. Thank you!

Expert

@xwjweijun wrote:

Do you know when I can hear back from the comcast employee? I can still see the charge in my account. Thank you!

It most likely won't update until your next billing statement, but an Official Employee should respond soon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee Digital Care

Greetings, xwjweijun! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are being charged for a service visit and the issue wasn't resolved. We would like to look into this for you. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.