Community Forum

unhappy customer

New Poster

unhappy customer

Hello my <edited>I have been a loyal customer of Comcast/Xfinity since I have moved back home <edited> in 2014.  My very first experience with your company I was dissatisfied.  I was advised when I moved into my home that I was unable to obtain service because of the previous tenant at that address, whom I did not know, had a previous bill.  Then I was advised that I would be able to get services at that address.  I was advised on Labor Day a technician would come out to the residence to connect my services.  I specifically asked the service personnel on the other end, would a technician come out due to it being a holiday.  I was advised yes, so I sat around my home “all day” waiting on a technician that I learned would not show because of a holiday.  I called back and the person who answered the line stated no-one would come to the residence to hook services because it was a holiday.  I lost time and money for I had to call into work.  I decided to cancel my service all together, but someone came out I believe the next day to hook services up because I was dissatisfied.

August 2016 I lost internet for a few days due to a storm. I called to see if I would be able to obtain a refund I was advised yes, but to date no refund has been issued.

Fast forward to 05/24/2019 I canceled my services for cable, I kept my internet and security service. I returned the box with the expressed understanding from myself and the clerk assisting me that my services, cable, would be disconnected and removed from all future billing.

On today’s date 09/24/2019 I contacted Christian in the tech services division because I was still being charged for services that I did not have. Christian stated he was able to see my box was returned on 05/24/2019 to a store.  He did in fact remove the cable service from my bill which I thought was removed once before.  But I would need to speak with someone from the retention department to obtain a refund.  I was transferred to Alex.  Alex stated he was “sorry” for the inconvenience this has caused me but would not issue a full refund or credit.  He advised he could only issue a 3 month credit.  I advised him to issue a credit for the 3 months then issue another for the last month.  He placed me on a brief hold then stated he could only issue a $100.00 credit.  I requested to speak with a supervisor, he transferred me to David.

Supervisor David advised me the box was returned but unfortunately no changes were made to the account. Then he stated I would not be able to obtain a credit or refund for services because nothing on the account stated that I made changes to my account.  My question to David was “why would I return a box and still except to pay full price for something that I no longer have.”  His response was well some people return boxes and use the streaming services.  Well I was unware that was even an option nor is that something that I requested.   After doing some research it states “one big limitation during the beta process is that the service cannot replace a Comcast set top box.”   Therefore the streaming app does not work unless you have a primary cable boxed television which I was never using the streaming app to start with.  Therefore his comment was not helpful and false. 

I am an unhappy loyal customer to Comcast/Xfinity for some time now.  The only thing I have requested is that I receive a refund for services that I have not had or used.  In any business world that is common practice.  According to your customer guarantee website it states “Putting the Customer at the Center of Everything We Do We are committed to respecting our customers’ time, simplifying their experience, and making things right if we fall short.”  I do not see this as a true statement for you have fell short several times.

And when I asked David if there was anyone else to speak with he stated “this is not a matter of authority.” What is it a matter of because it is not customer satisfaction nor is it good customer service.

I would be greatly appreciated to get a response back and not from David.

New Poster

Re: unhappy customer

As of today, I have had no call back from Xfinity.  I am still an unhappy customer.

New Poster

Re: unhappy customer

My apologies I did receive a respons; and it as follows:

"Hello Peggy! Sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our forum guidelines. In the future, please be sure to create a public post first asking for assistance and wait for an invitation to message someone before doing so. Per our forum guidelines, any continued violations and you could be subject to a revocation of your Xfinity Forum privileges. We never want to ge"