Community Forum

unauthorized payment from COMCAST OF LAKE COUNTY

Highlighted
New Poster

unauthorized payment from COMCAST OF LAKE COUNTY

Hello Everyone,

i'm a brand new customer on Comcast and "COMCAST OF LAKE COUNTY" charged me about 1$ on my bank account. i really don't know where is it coming from. i didn't approved it and the customer support service do not understand where is it coming from.

Could someone please help me on this issue. i'm seeing that i'm not the first one but i didn't see any solution or result about this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Nicolas

Highlighted
Expert

Re: unauthorized payment from COMCAST OF LAKE COUNTY

@Nico-80525 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

i'm a brand new customer on Comcast and "COMCAST OF LAKE COUNTY" charged me about 1$ on my bank account. i really don't know where is it coming from. i didn't approved it and the customer support service do not understand where is it coming from.

Could someone please help me on this issue. i'm seeing that i'm not the first one but i didn't see any solution or result about this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Nicolas

I can't be positive but some banks will do this, and some companies will do this as well to check if everything works, but usually it's only a few pennies.  Wait until your second bill to see if there is a credit given for it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: unauthorized payment from COMCAST OF LAKE COUNTY

Actually, this just happened to me too! On the same exact day I signed up in MI (one time pymnt of $50), I was charged ANOTHER $50, plus four $1 charges- all from "Comcast of Lake County 800-COMCAST FL." Comcast in MI has no idea why, has no info at ALL and just told me, "It's a bank problem." I don't even have a contact number/address for these guys- and nothing on Google. I'm a victim of Identity Theft yet I have no idea how to report this to the police. I know my phones' been hacked over and over for past 10 yrs (long story), but no one has access to my card! Can someone please help me??

Thanks,
Lisa