Community Forum

unauthorirzed payment

Regular Visitor

unauthorirzed payment

I called to schedule a payment over the phone.  It asked me if i wanted to pay the total amount AND use a previous card = i SAID NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and the system processed my payment instantly without even allowing to be confirm the payment.  THAT IS AN UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENT and that is theft.  i called and called and spoke to many people - all of whom promised to call me back and NOT ONE did.  This company has the WORST customer service.  and now they denied my request to have my payment reversed EVEN WHEN i was willing to make a payment immediately from the original account that i wanted to.  i dont know when Comcast got the authority to choose FOR ME how much and from what account i will make my payment.   I have NEVER seen such terrible customer service and i am disappointed and frustrated with all of this.  this is now caused me to overdraft and account as i was intending to pay this payment out of this account.  yet, apparently with Comcast you do not have an option.  TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE - and i will be cancelling my subscription - bunch of theives!!! 

Official Employee

Re: unauthorirzed payment

Hi tbostrom, thank you for reaching out and I can review this on my side for you.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

honest to god the same thing happened to me not too long ago. and it never got resolved. i needed that money to pay my other bill. i was given a choice to pay minimum balance due and so i set up an automatic payment to be taken out for the minimum amount to avoid shutoff etc . and next day instead of taking my prior authorized payment of the minimum amount due, they took the full balance due including the new charges which werent even due yet.i  called as soon as i seen the hit on my card of comcast taking out an unauthorized double amount of what i actually currently owed. yes i would have to pay this extra amount in due time. but it was not due time. and i did not authorize it. i asked to reverse  charges or cancel them being that it was satill in pending status or to refund charges when it did go through...i asked for credit. there is nothing they can do on their end and they see this happen alot they said. they said they are not up to date enough to reverse charges yet although they wil be able to do that someday

Regular Visitor

Exactly ! NEVER again will I use their phone system. The fact that they dont see a bigger problem with this amazes me!! Thats why I have put a complaint in with the AG. Its NOT ok! I will respond when I hear next steps from AG to keep you posted and perhaps include your situation. But if I had to bet, they will now mark this thread private
Official Employee

Hi @tbostrom

We apologize for the experience you've had. I do see that my peers have educated you on this situation. If there's anything we can assist with in the future, feel free to contact us. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!