Chat Conversation Start
9:30am
Hello, My name is

Susan <Edited for personal information>
<Edited for personal information>
<Edited for personal informaiton>

Account number:
<Edited for personal information>

I am a senior citizen with a disability and I have been told that I can get a discount on my Comcast bill. I have been a customer for many years. The thing is that I get a different answer every time I talk to someone. I was told over the phone to go to the nearest Comcast office as they can't verify my age over the phone. So I did that and she told me I need to call billing and have a form sent to me to fill out. When I called billing he didn't know what I was talking about and went and asked his supervisor and then came back and told me that Comcast does not offer any discount. I asked, just for my area or none at all and he said none at all. I can't believe this is correct because I have heard about this also from Senior Services. I'm kind of stuck now and reaching out to you in hopes that you can help me.

Sincerely,
Susan <Edited for personal information>

p.s. My bill is almost $200 a month for the phone, internet, tv bundle. My total income is $697 a month so a discount would really help. Thank you for your time.

Official Employee

Re: senior/disability discount

Hi SO_3333333, there is a Senior Citizen discount in your area. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

New Poster

I want to know if Susan has gotten a discount on her Comcast bill. Geegee31

Official Employee

Hi Geegee31, there was a Senior Citizen discount available in her area for limited basic cable and I am submitting a ticket to have a form sent out.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

To Comcast Phil, I also would like info. about the discount. Your gouging Peabody residents any time you want,you should offer a discount for us 80 yr old's. Really, $9.80 increase on my bill for me having to rent your boxes that i have had for years, how did you get an increase charge by the supplier when you bought the boxes i have years ago??? Where not stupid!!! Give an honest answer for this bogus fee .   

Frequent Visitor

Is it for disabled,  not senior citizens?    That would help me so much,    thanks, Rachael 

Frequent Visitor

I am not a senior citizen but I am disabled. I recieve SSDI. Am I eligible for this discount?  I live in Quincy MA.

thank you

Frequent Visitor

Same question,....does anyone know anything.? Thx
Admin1

Hello All -- Many Comcast markets have never offered a senior citizen discount, however there are some communities where senior citizen discounts were specifically called for in existing franchise agreements. These discounts are for senior citizens only. Please ask us about your area and we will see if your community has an agreement. 

Admin1

StrahdOmega -- Your area does not offer a disability discount. 

Admin1

Edwards99FAN -- Your area does not offer a senior citizen discount. 

Frequent Visitor

thanks for info..........really appreciate quick reply   Rachael

Problem Solver

The best way to find out if your area has a low income senior and/or disabled senior discount included in the Comcast franchise contract,   is to contact your local (or state in some cases) Gov. Cable Franchise Authority office.

Often if there are provisions in the franchise contract, they state something like,  -

30% discount on basic services, or basic portion of services, that are not part of a bundle or promotional package. Eligibility is determined by meeting listed criteria and submitting listed documentation.   

The name & address of that agency is shown at the ending portion of your monthly bill.

There is also the Internet Essentials program, 

which now extends basic internet program to eligible low income seniors in the 4 following areas.

Boston, MA,   Palm Beach County, FL,   San Francisco County, CA   and Seatlle, WA

https://internetessentials.com/seniors

Frequent Visitor

i tried to apply,the application is only if you have a kid in school. It's not for us seniors,

Problem Solver

netminderone wrote:

i tried to apply,the application is only if you have a kid in school. It's not for us seniors,

In those 4 areas listed, the Internet Essentials program has now been extended to eligible low income seniors regardless of children.    

If you're not in one of those 4 areas then your experience applying would be expected, if you were applying for Internet Essentials program.

Frequent Visitor

DOES THE CT AREA OFFER ANY SENIOR DISCOUNTS ON  THE INTERNET

Problem Solver

Hi naika481,

Please allow us time to research the issue and one of our agents will contact you with a resolution. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Visitor

I signed up for Comcast and a month later found out about the program for low-income children and called Comcast back and they said sorry it's only for new customers that's just straight-up evil.
Frequent Visitor

THANK U FOR CHECKING

Frequent Visitor

looking forward to a prompt reply. thank you

Admin1

naika481 -- Your area does not offer a senior citizen discount for any of our services. 

Admin1

cristis01 -- The program you're referring to is Internet Essentials. New or Existing customers are eligible for this program. There is an eligibility stipulation that you must be without any level of Xfinity Internet for 90 to quality for this program. 

Frequent Visitor

YOUR REPLY DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. NEW OR EXISTING CUSTOMERS. IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING CUSTOMER THAT MEANS U HAVE SERVICE. SO HOW DOES YOUR LOGIC APPLY. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND. ARE YOU SAYING IF I GO WITH  OUT INTERNET FOR 90 DAYS THEN I QUALIFY FOR THE DISCOUNT? 

Admin1

naika481 -- No. Your area does not have a senior citizen discount. My reply that you're referring to was addressed to another user: cristis01. 

Frequent Visitor

THANKS FOR THE CLARIFACTION

Admin1

naika481 -- You're welcome. 

New Poster

Hi, any senior discount offered for Katy, TX 77450?

Admin1

FelixSanMillan -- No senior discount is offered in that area. 

Regular Visitor

I am also on disability. I went to the interenet essentials and was told if I did not have a school aged child or live in public housing, I did not qualify.  I live on a very limited income and get some food assistance, how can I not qualify? And only in Seattle? not other areas in wa?  why would I want to give up my service for 90 days just to possibly come back and be told I do not qualify? I hate centurylink, but that looks like where I may be heading Smiley Sad

New Poster

My husband has Pancreactic Cancer and receives Disability Social Security, we were told we may qualify for discount on our bundled service.  We been customers for a long time any help would be appreciated! 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Admin1

melone521 -- I had a look at your account and it does not qualify for a Senior Discount. Senior Discounts are not available for bundled service. We do have a lower rate available though. I can send that to you if you're interested in that. 

New Poster

I am a disabled senior.  Also veteran.  I live in San Rafael, CA  94903.  Any discounts for me?

Official Employee

Close old thread