Community Forum

questions on seasonal freeze and late bill

Highlighted
New Poster

questions on seasonal freeze and late bill

Because of the Covid 19 situation, I will not be living in at my xfinity address for the next 3 months. I have been trying to get in touch with an agent for the past two days, but the automated service will always, when asking for an agent or to cancel my service, come up with: "This [department] is unavailable." Is there any other way I can cancel my service? I enrolled for a seasonal freeze, but I have a bill for next month + the late free for April, in which I don't want to have any service. What can I do? Will the seasonal freeze get rid of the late bill + fee or do I have to make an appeal? From what I've seen it's nearly impossible to get in touch with a live person. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: questions on seasonal freeze and late bill

@marine789 wrote:

Because of the Covid 19 situation, I will not be living in at my xfinity address for the next 3 months. I have been trying to get in touch with an agent for the past two days, but the automated service will always, when asking for an agent or to cancel my service, come up with: "This [department] is unavailable." Is there any other way I can cancel my service? I enrolled for a seasonal freeze, but I have a bill for next month + the late free for April, in which I don't want to have any service. What can I do? Will the seasonal freeze get rid of the late bill + fee or do I have to make an appeal? From what I've seen it's nearly impossible to get in touch with a live person. 

Is the date on the billing statement on or around the time you set up the seasonal hold?

FWIW, you're not canceling service, you're just suspending it, but there will still be a bill, although a much smaller one.  If you don't want a bill during this time, you might consider cancelling, unless you're in a contract which will bill you an ETF [which will most likely be forgiven during the Covid-19 time frame].

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!