Community Forum

problems transferring service & resultant billing & communication

New Poster

problems transferring service & resultant billing & communication

I am writing due to the fact that after 4 phone calls to Comcast, which were apparently handled by someone in the Philippines, I have not been able to rectify a billing problem.   In late October 2018 I called the Comcast number to have my service disconnected @ <PII Removed> account number <PII Removed> and transferred to our Florida address of<PII Removed> for our seasonal change of address.   I have been doing this now for approximately 10 years and always have some sort of problem which requires repeated phone calls to Comcast to complete the disconnect and reconnect (transfer of service). The Comcast person I last spoke to regarding this last transfer of service indicated that they would terminate service at the Michigan address as of Nov. 1 2018, however I would have to contact Comcast once I got to Florida to initiate service at that point, which I understand.   Since relocating to Florida this year I have been getting monthly bills for service at the Michigan address every month.  I have called Comcast upon receiving each bill disputing the apparent oversight on Comcast’s behalf as I had already ordered the Michigan service to be disconnected as of November 1, 2018 as previously indicated by phone to the Comcast number 1-800-934-6489 in late October, however after each phone call to this number disputing the bills, indicating that service was ordered to be disconnected on Nov 1, 2018 the customer service personnel indicated they would correct the oversight. This afternoon, after receiving the 3rd bill for service at the Michigan address, the person on the phone said they had no record of the order for disconnect at that address.   While speaking to the girl who was trying to help me this afternoon, I was getting the feeling that she was unable to either understand the situation, or was trying to allay my objections to the bill by saying there was no order. Meanwhile, in the background of her phone conversation I heard some sort of chanting or cheering, clapping or other type of apparent group participation activity that was very odd. I questioned her as to where she was or what was going on in the background to render such an inappropriate conversation situation, and she said it was some sort of competition or award ceremony at which point I realized that this was no professional way to try to converse with a customer, and cut the conversation off as I felt the representative was very dismissive, as she apparently was totally unaware of my problem or simply wanted to blow me off and avoid any further conversation.   I need to rectify this situation as I ordered my service to be disconnected at <PII Removed> as of November 1 2018, and have been receiving bills for service at that address since. The last bill is for $79.98 (minus $28.21 - which I don’t understand) for a total due of $51.77. ???   I have found it too difficult to deal with your customer service personnel from another country as they apparently do not know how to deal with customers, can not be understood at times, and speak as though they are disconnected with the customers concerns in general. The phone call was apparently recorded so you should be able to review it, as well as the other calls I have made in regard to this exact situation.   Please forward this message to someone in charge of this billing error, as it will not be paid and if you expect us to pay it you will no longer have our business at either address in the future as I am totally fed up with your companies indifferent customer service.  After dozens of calls over the years with your company representatives I have found it entirely confounding to understand their incompetence or lack of capacity to aid in resolving issues dealing with customer service, and I am so fed up with this company that you will likely not see me in any future service and billing agreements.   regards~   <PII Removed> 

New Poster

account transfer and billing

I am writing due to the fact that after 4 phone calls to Comcast, <Edited for violating forum guidelines>, I have not been able to rectify a billing problem.

In late October 2018 I called the Comcast number to have my service disconnected @ <Edited for violating forum guidelines> account number <Edited for violating forum guidelines> and transferred to our Florida address of <Edited for violating forum guidelines> for our seasonal change of address.

I have been doing this now for approximately 10 years and always have some sort of problem which requires repeated phone calls to Comcast to complete the disconnect and reconnect (transfer of service). The Comcast person I last spoke to regarding this last transfer of service indicated that they would terminate service at the Michigan address as of Nov. 1 2018, however I would have to contact Comcast once I got to Florida to initiate service at that point, which I understand.

Since relocating to Florida this year I have been getting monthly bills for service at the Michigan address every month.  I have called Comcast upon receiving each bill disputing the apparent oversight on Comcast’s behalf as I had already ordered the Michigan service to be disconnected as of November 1, 2018 as previously indicated by phone to the Comcast number 1-800-934-6489 in late October, however after each phone call to this number disputing the bills, indicating that service was ordered to be disconnected on Nov 1, 2018 the customer service personnel indicated they would correct the oversight. This afternoon, after receiving the 3rd bill for service at the Michigan address, the person on the phone said they had no record of the order for disconnect at that address.

While speaking to the girl who was trying to help me this afternoon, I was getting the feeling that she was unable to either understand the situation, or was trying to allay my objections to the bill by saying there was no order. Meanwhile, in the background of her phone conversation I heard some sort of chanting or cheering, clapping or other type of apparent group participation activity that was very odd. I questioned her as to where she was or what was going on in the background to render such an inappropriate conversation situation, and she said it was some sort of competition or award ceremony at which point I realized that this was no professional way to try to converse with a customer, and cut the conversation off <Edited for violating forum guidelines>

I need to rectify this situation as I ordered my service to be disconnected at <Edited for violating forum guidelines> as of November 1 2018, and have been receiving bills for service at that address since. The last bill is for $79.98 (minus $28.21 - which I don’t understand) for a total due of $51.77. ???

I have found it too difficult to deal with your customer service personnel <Edited for violating forum guidelines> and speak as though they are disconnected with the customers concerns in general. The phone call was apparently recorded so you should be able to review it, as well as the other calls I have made in regard to this exact situation.

Please forward this message to someone in charge of this billing error, as it will not be paid and if you expect us to pay it you will no longer have our business at either address in the future as I am totally fed up with your companies indifferent customer service.  After dozens of calls over the years with your company representatives I have found it <Edited for violating forum guidelines> and I am so fed up with this company that you will likely not see me in any future service and billing agreements.

regards~

Kim <Edited for violating forum guidelines>
<Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Official Employee

Re: account transfer and billing

Hello kimherrick. Thank you for posting in our community. We apologize for your previous experience and any inconvenience. I can assist with reviewing your account and transfer / disconnection of service requested. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!