Community Forum

over charge

Regular Visitor

over charge

I was not told that you would get charged extra if you go over 1tb a month.  I have security camera and baby monitor running all day.  I stream and work from home occasionally.  Now the only way i will stop getting charged more is by doubling my bill.  Has anyone experiancing the same billing issues and scams comcast is doing.  

Official Employee

Re: over charge

Hi mariao1. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. We're sorry you have not yet seen our Data Usage options. We try to post the information in our website which does break down your options.

Here is a link to learn more: https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/

• The Terabyte Internet Data Usage Plan is a new data usage plan for XFINITY Internet service that provides you with a terabyte (1 TB or 1024 G of Internet data usage each month as part of your monthly service.  If you choose to use more than 1 TB in a month, we will automatically add blocks of 50 GB to your account for an additional fee of $10 each.  Your charges, however, will not exceed $200 each month, no matter how much you use.  And, we're offering you two courtesy months, so you will not be billed the first two times you exceed a terabyte.  This data plan is based on a principle of fairness.  Those who use more Internet data, pay more.  And those who use less Internet data, pay less.

If you would like to review the Unlimited Data Usage plan options for your account, please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Another way to stop getting charged extra is to use less data.  Most likely many or all of the things you mentioned have settings where you can control resolution, quality (compression), and/or frame rate to make their data usage go way down.  Also there are cameras that only upload when they sense motion which can dramatically reduce your data usage.

Official Employee

Great suggestions strega7! Smiley Wink

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello mariao1. Thank you for private messaging me and allowing us to discuss your options. Due to elapsed time with no private message response from you, this thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again.