Community Forum

not sure how to handle a billing related question that involves a trust paying the bill

Frequent Visitor

not sure how to handle a billing related question that involves a trust paying the bill

I've had my comcast account since 2011 and have a question but want to explain why before asking the question I live with and am a full time caregiver to my parents and where they utilize the cable, internet and phone just as much as I do if not more so, they normally reimburse me for half of the cost of my monthly bill.

After getting a court settlement a trust was set up in the names of my parents, the issue is that the trust will only pay any amount on something like a utility bill or a cable bill if the bill has to be in the name of one of my parents.

I am wondering if there is any way of me keeping control of the account but it showing one of my parents as having the account so that way they can have at least they normally reimburse me be paid for by the trust that was set up for them?

Is it possible to add on of my parents to the account for billing purposes but it only show my parent so my parents name so that way their portion of the bill gets paid by the trust so that way they  don't have to keep reimbursing me?

also if one of my parents name is on the billing information, can I still keep my comcast email address?

Official Employee

Re: not sure how to handle a billing related question that involves a trust paying the bill

Hello, Sean_Davis!

I'm glad you reached out to us with this concern. 

I would advise having the account set with your parents as the primary account holder, and then have them authorize you on the account to make changes to it. You will be able to keep your current username.

Given your explanation, the first step would be to visit your local service center with your parents and identification to have them take ownership of the account. This way the account will have their name so the trust should pay towards their bill. At the same time, a store rep should be able to make a note in our billing system authorizing you on the account. Be sure to verify it is spelled correctly as it will need to exactly match what you provide when you reach out to us in the future.

Please give those steps a try and let us know how it goes. If you have any troubles after they have taken ownership of the account with your username or anything, let us know and I can help straighten everything out. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: not sure how to handle a billing related question that involves a trust paying the bill

Sean_Davis, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get the account figured out, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!