Community Forum

my business closed due to covid-19, can't afford my $90/ month bill and have children homeschooling

Highlighted
New Poster

my business closed due to covid-19, can't afford my $90/ month bill and have children homeschooling

Apparently I am not eligilbe for discount or free internet b/c I am already an Xfinity account holder. I called and was told the wait time to talk to an agent is over an hour and a half. Even if they graciously do NOT terminate my internet due to nonpayment, I will owe several hundred dollars, still without an income, by the time this is over.  What can I do? I seem to be paying for TV access for $10 +$13 / month that I never signed up for and can't get rid of as well! 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: my business closed due to covid-19, can't afford my $90/ month bill and have children homeschool

@kaitym33 

Sorry to hear this news. 

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

More info here: https://www.xfinity.com/prepare

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!