Community Forum

increasing costs

Frequent Visitor

increasing costs

our bill has went from 74.99  to 116.76 in 2 months. all we have is basic cable and internet 150.

customer service and corporate customer service attitude is to bad . <Edited>.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: increasing costs

Hi ray999, thank you for posting on our forum. I would love the opportunity to make this right for you and find the best deal available for your services. To better assist you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Kaseace, we don't want you to feel this way. I can look into some promotions in your area as well to help you get the best deal possible. Please also send me a private message with your full name and we can get started on your new deal. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

my post was inflammatory? why?? shame on you.

Expert

@ray999 wrote:

my post was inflammatory? why?? shame on you.

The post that was removed for being inflammatory was made by another customer, not by you.

You're posting in a forum that is open to anyone to read.  Posting things like your name, address, email address, phone number, account number, etc is a wide open invitation for anyone on the internet to steal your identity or hack your account.  We strive to protect customers from that happening here. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

why does this happen?

April 18, 2019

Re:   Price Increase

04/16/2019, 11:51am I called customer service to inquire about the raise in our monthly bill.  Donna answered the phone.  After reviewing the account, she said she could offer a package for $64.99 per month which included a free router and upped our speed to 250 mnps.  She said all I had to do is pick up the router.  I left to go get the router which is 25 minutes each way.  

1:32pm I called to activate the router.  After it was activated I checked the speed.  It was still at 150 mnps.  She said she saw no upgrade on the account, so I would have to call billing to resolve the issue.

1:55pm I called billing and Michelle answered.  She said Donna did not know what she was talking about.  Xfinity had no package for $64.99.  The best she could do is $116.00 for the same package we have now.  So I asked to talk to a supervisor.  The supervisor said the best she could do is $116.00, but she would talk to her supervisor.  When she finally came back she said there was nothing else they could do.  I was on the phone for over 1 hour trying to resolve this.

3:05pm I called your corporate office.  I was transferred to Chris.  I explained the problem I was having.  He said they could listen to the recording I had with Donna and if she told me $64.99 they would honor it.  He said he would have someone from corporate that handles our region would be calling me back. He was very accommodating and tried to help all he could.

5:54 Received a call back from Comcast Internal, 734-997-8199.  He said the best he could do was $116.00.  I asked if he listened to the recording and his reply was no.  

I was on the phone with one person or another for over 4 hours.  So basically what we got was our bill is increasing  from $74.99 to $116.00 for the same service. 

Frequent Visitor

I did what when and to how

Frequent Visitor

waiting

i'm on hold now for over 44 minutes to speak with a supervisor  the Philippines 

Expert

Re: waiting

1)   If that was the case, why didn't you hang up much sooner?

2)   Posting here could have been a good idea if you listed the type of problem in the subject. And then explained the problem in simple terms (short and sweet) so we could help you, or get an OE who could get personal information from you over a "Private Message".

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Re: waiting

@ray999 

Please do NOT start multiple threads when you're trying to solve one issue.  It is against the Forum Guidelines and Acceptable Use Policy.  Please continue to post in your original thread.  If you do not know how to find your original thread, click on your name in your post to find all of your posts.

Official Employee

Hi, ray999! Thank you for reaching out to us. My apologies for the delayed reply. I see that you already sent us a private message and I will be happy to assist you with the billing concern you have. I will reply to your PM in a second.