Community Forum

equipment and services box on monthly bill

New Poster

equipment and services box on monthly bill

What exactly is "anyroom DVR service?  Should there be a charge if one has just one DVR and it's in the same location as the TV?

Expert

Re: equipment and services box on monthly bill

@Laufderheide02 wrote:

What exactly is "anyroom DVR service?  Should there be a charge if one has just one DVR and it's in the same location as the TV?

it is the difference in charge between the 'included' non-DVR set top box and the DVR set top box. the $20 DVR charge is discounted by the free device charge of $10.  Wish they called it companion-to-DVR upgrade or something similar. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Laufderheide02! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm glad you reached out to us with your concerns. Rustyben gave a great explanation! There are a few different ways one may see their DVR listed on the account depending on how they attach to your services. Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions/concerns we can help with.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Laufderheide02, I hope the information we provided answered all the questions/concerns you had. As we have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this conversation to further comments. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.