Community Forum

electronic payment

Regular Visitor

electronic payment

I trying to set up electronic payment with citibank but there is no listing for a site with my account number.  What should I do? 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: electronic payment

abc123456 wrote:

I trying to set up electronic payment with citibank but there is no listing for a site with my account number.  What should I do? 

I'm not sure what you are asking?  What steps are you taking to set up automatic payments?  Are you signed in with your Primary username/password?

Have you clicked on My Account to be redirected to Customer Central?  Once there, click on the Set Up Automatic payments button.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

I am not using comcast site.  I am going to my bank for automatic payment to be sent out to comcast but there is no listing for payment to comcast for my account number type or area.

Gold Problem Solver

You might need to set up automatic payments from the Comcast site.

After auto pay kicks in, Comcast will automatically contact your bank for payment.

To set up auto pay, you'll need to sign in to Customer Central.

If you are not sure how to sign in, follow the directions in post #1 HERE. (you can skip the section on making the account secure if it does not apply to you).

After signing in, if you see a short bill summary, click View Details. Then choose Set up automatic payments.

Enter the information, accept the terms and conditions, click Accept.

If you don't want to go this route and want to set it up with your bank to receive and pay electronic bills contact your bank. They may be able to help you set it up for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

My bank said you, comcast, have to give them the info.  I do not trust comcast.  6 payments, april to september, were rejected.  I never received any contact from comcast about this.  My bank informed me of the rejection.  Your billing system is very poorly run.  

Will comcast be willing to contact my bank so that I can send payments out electronically.  You have given information to the bank about many sites.

Gold Problem Solver

You will have to call Comcast and ask to have the information given to your bank. This is a primarily a customer to customer forum. I am a customer just like you, so I and the others here can't tell your bank anything.

I'm curious though, what your statement "You have given information to the bank about many sites" means.

New Poster

I understand your problem.. I'm trying to do the same thing. I don't trust anybody to go into my account for regular payments..

I don't believe that comcast has electronic payments.. Right now my bank send a paper check to Comcast for payment..

It take 5 days for payment to reach Comcast.. Let me know if you get any resolution..

Official Employee

Hello JHH13,

You can set up recurring payments from a checking account, savings account or credit card online at www.comcast.com/myacccount. I have listed the steps below:

1. Select the Set up automatic payments button at the bottom of the Overview page. (You can also click the Set up automatic payments link on the Billing & Payments page.)
  2. Choose a payment method: Enter the bank/credit and billing information and click Continue. You will also be asked for the three-digit Card Verification Value (CVV) that appears on the back of your credit card. (The CVV on American Express-branded cards is four digits and appears on the front.)

Accept the Automatic Payment Terms & Conditions and click Continue.
  3. Confirmation is displayed. Choose the Ecobill preference and click Confirm
  4. Accept the Terms & Conditions for paperless bills (if selected) and click Continue.
  5. A confirmation message appears: A 45-day confirmation message will be shown if you choose a bank account payment method.
  6. Click I'm done.
New Poster

Same problem here.  I am not sure why people did not understand the original question.  Here is my issue:

I am banking with Citibank.  I would like to set up a bill payment using the Citibank Bill payment system.  (Reason being i can schedule and set my payment as I choose and avoid Comcast debiting my account on a day where payment might not be there and then having fees and non payments occur).

- I already have one comcast electronic bill pay set up for my place in the Bay Area.

- I need to set up a second electronic bill pay for my rental property in the Foothills of CA. (Angels Camp Area)

- For some reason Comcast has restrictions on the account numbers that can be used with their payee accounts (i.e. For "Comcast - East Bay, CA" it says account number has to start with 815540).  My 2nd account starts with 815560.  I assume these are regional designations.

- I just gave Citibank a mouthful for even suggesting that i have to contact Comcast for an "Electronic Address" but they basically say they do not have one that will allow a 815560 number.

-  Comcast is currently closed and I am very skeptical that this is going to be an easy thing to get.  Hopefully I am wrong.

As of right now the solution appears to be that anyone with this problem will need to call to get the electronic address (if something like this even exists as public information).   I will post whatever information I find out.

(And just to make sure anyone reading fully understands.   I, as well as others, do not want to have Comcast control the debiting of monies from my account.  When my bill pay is processed, per my instructions, the funds are removed from my account without any of the behind the scenes banking rules that govern transfers and electronic debiting procedures that lead to unnecessary fees, etc.  If you've ever had an automatic payment process on a day when your account either didn't have the money in it or a check hadn't cleared etc and had to pay $15, $30 or more in needless fees, as I have, you will understand why someone would like to control the scheduled dispensing of funds from their account.)

New Poster

I recommend never allowing a company like Comcast to access your bank from their end. Always set up payments sourced from your bank. If Comcast has your banking information set up on their end, they can, and will withdraw money from your account, even if you did not authorize it from your end. It can damage your finances. So, even if you need to set up the account from your bank to send them a check, it is worth it. You will be very happy you did this.

New Poster

I was able to set up Comcast as a new payee by entering on citibank's site manually with the address and account number found on the bottom of page one of my bill.

for me that is:
COMCAST
PO BOX 1577
NEWARK NJ 07101-1577

then my 16 digit account number.

I'm strongly with the other posters in not giving any company the ability to withdraw money from my account automatically which enables me to greater control my finances in the event of any discrepancies or while budgeting and timing expenses.

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 11.46.01 AM.png