Community Forum

disability discount/special discount

New Poster

disability discount/special discount

Hi,
I am on Disablity and I have a limited income.
I called in to see if Xfinity to see if they can help but it would seem NO knows what im talking about. Can someone please tell me what I would need to do to get someone that does know about this issue on the phone?
My son lives with me and its a need for him to have the use of the internet for school but the bills are getting out of control. $233.00 monthly on a fixed budget isa lot of money to be paying for theses services. I go without food for myself just so my son has theses services but I find it unfair to those that are facing theses issues.

Someone at Comcast/ Xfinity PLEASE HELP ME.
HERES TGE NUMBER TO THE COMCAST OFFICE 215-286-1700 corporate office.
Expert

Re: disability discount/special discount

@Disabilty101 wrote:
Hi,
I am on Disablity and I have a limited income.
I called in to see if Xfinity to see if they can help but it would seem NO knows what im talking about. Can someone please tell me what I would need to do to get someone that does know about this issue on the phone?
My son lives with me and its a need for him to have the use of the internet for school but the bills are getting out of control. $233.00 monthly on a fixed budget isa lot of money to be paying for theses services. I go without food for myself just so my son has theses services but I find it unfair to those that are facing theses issues.

Someone at Comcast/ Xfinity PLEASE HELP ME.
HERES TGE NUMBER TO THE COMCAST OFFICE 215-286-1700 corporate office.

There isn't any special discount for disabled people.  There is however Internet Essentials but unfortunately you don't qualify because you can't have service for 3 months before starting that program.  The best you could do would be to downgrade your service to something more manageable, which might mean downgrading your cable service and losing some channels you might enjoy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Depending on how long you have left on your contract I would call and tell them if they don't give you the discount you'll cancel your service and govwith Vericon Fios.

Expert

@TheNegotiator wrote:

Depending on how long you have left on your contract I would call and tell them if they don't give you the discount you'll cancel your service and govwith Vericon Fios.

Internet Essentials also has other requirements and is serviced by another entity, so "threatening" Comcast wouldn't work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!