Community Forum

charged $70 to fix cable cut outside my newly moved house.

New Poster

charged $70 to fix cable cut outside my newly moved house.

After moving my service to new apartment  internet connection was not working with the coaxial connectivty inside the unit.  After calling xfinity customer care , they had sent technican . 

He tested with his equipments and it was not working , finally figured out that cable was cut from outside the building and not reaching the apartment unit. After fixing  xfinity charged me 70$.

Just need to know am i responsible for the cable cut that had happned outside my building ?

Can anyone from xfinity respond to this  ?

Called customer care many times no one has answer for this. They made my call to move back and forth between billing and technical departments.

Whenever we buy xfinity service , they should ensure that service is reaching the unit.  Setting up that service inside unit is our responsibility .

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: charged $70 to fix cable cut outside my newly moved house.

Hi @sowm18

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. Thank you for reaching out here to make us aware of the charge. Since the issue was with your line, and it was outside, you should not have been charged. I will be more than happy to help get this credited to your account. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!