Community Forum

bills

Highlighted
New Poster

bills

Why does Comcast charge an early cancellation penalty if I am moving to an unserved area?  How is that legit?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: bills

@jhjoiner wrote:

Why does Comcast charge an early cancellation penalty if I am moving to an unserved area?  How is that legit?

Comcast can't service every area of the US.  So, when you move to an area not serviced by Comcast you are the one effectively breaking your contract.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: bills

Hi @jhjoiner

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I can understand why this seems unfair, and I'm sorry that you weren't aware of this before. @Again is correct. To view your agreements from the My Account App: 

1. Click on "Manage Billing Preferences"
  2. Click on "Billing Cycle"
  3. Click on "View Contract"

You will then see a list of your legal documents and agreements. You can also see this information when logging into your account online. For more information, follow this link: https://comca.st/2G4h7jg. If you have more questions or concerns regarding your account specifically, feel free to send us a private message. To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. Please include your first and last name, the numbers associated with your address, and we can proceed from there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!