Community Forum

billed for unused service

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

billed for unused service

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to direct me to someone who can actually solve my problem.  I have now dealt with 4 different CSRs on this issue with no resolution.  I was supposed to move to a new place on April 1st.  Due to coronavirus and then the current tenant of the property literally abandoning the property, I was unable to move into that unit and will be moving to a different unit on June 1st.  The service was scheduled to be activated for 4/10/20 and was activated (but never used as i never moved in).  I was told "not to worry" about the $80 charge for service and that it would be credited off.  May rolls around and we found out we weren't going to be able to move to the unit at all because of the abandonment and the freeze on evictions due to the pandemic.  So I contacted Comcast again because now I have a bill for 2 months of service that I haven't used as well as late fees and a warning about a service disconnect for nonpayment.  I was once again told that I was all set, I would have a $0 balance and my transfer to the new unit was confirmed.  3 days later, I checked and there is a random $7.53 credit and a warning to pay $70 or my service will be suspended.  I am currently chatting with customer service yet again and they are supposedly submitting an "escalation" ticket, but to be honest I don't have a lot of faith that this will be resolved.  Is there an email or phone number of someone who actually would have the power to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
Expert

Re: billed for unused service

@kevnewbritain 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: billed for unused service

Hello, kevnewbritain. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums! 

I know moving can be stressful enough as it is without having to deal with such unforeseen issues. I'd love to work with you to get your services sorted out so its one less thing you have to be concerned about during this time. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!