Community Forum

You do not have my permission to add, and charge, for services I did not request

New Poster

You do not have my permission to add, and charge, for services I did not request

Yesterday, I saw my bill was raised by over $20. Looking into it, Xfinity decided to add multiple streaming services to my plan. I then talked to two agents, and woke up this morning to my bill STILL at the $20 price increase.

I'm switching to Centurylink this weekend, but XFinity, you do not have my permission to charge me for services I did not request. Because I know if I cancel your service, you will still do shady stuff to try and extort money from me. And I am cancelling your dreadful service.

Problem Solver

Re: You do not have my permission to add, and charge, for services I did not request

Maybe you need to read (for the first time?) the contract you signed for service and the one for any service you move to.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Re: You do not have my permission to add, and charge, for services I did not request

My contract does not say anything about $27 worth of extra services thank you very much.

Diamond Problem Solver

It was probably for a change in fees/taxes at the beginning of the year . They don’t need your permission to adjust those

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

It was literally because they added on services I did not want, as evidenced by the agents I talked to and the bill they sent me which included services I did not ask for.

Problem Solver

Per the subscriber agreement for residential services.  they Do have the right to  change your services and/or  prices.

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

Section-4:

"Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you."

Also in section-4:

"If any material change negatively affects your Service(s), you have the right to cancel your Service(s). Your continued receipt of the Service(s) for more than 30 days after the change, however, will constitute your acceptance of the change."

So, the right to cancel, makes any early termination fee invalid in that case?