Community Forum

Xfinity services transfer billing issue

Regular Visitor

Xfinity services transfer billing issue

Hi,

I moved to a new apartment in May 2019. I transferred my Xfinity services from the old apartment to the new apartment. I called the Xfinity customer care to transfer the service. They said the service has been cancelled in the old location and transferred to the new location. I called them again as my internet wasn’t working in the new apartment and to make sure that they cancelled the service in the location. After a week and many calls to the customer care I finally was able to use the internet services at the new apartment and also the Xfinity customer care agent confirmed to me that the service has been cancelled in the old location and I will no longer be charged for the old location xfinity service anymore. After 3 months, Xfinity customer care agents call me and ask me to pay $180 something because the internet service has never been cancelled in the old location. When I tried explaining this to the customer care agent, she was rude and demanded how I should pay the amount. How can I resolve this issue? I am willing to take a legal action on this because I'm having to pay for something that wasn’t my fault, even after the cancellation confirmation and also I feel like I am being scammed.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity services transfer billing issue

Greetings, mccartyc611! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issue you are running into with billing. That's certainly frustrating to hear to were charged for service at a location you were no longer at. I would like to look into this further. I see you already sent in a PM and I'll continue to assist you through there.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity services transfer billing issue

Hello, mccartyc611. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!