Community Forum

Xfinity is the absolute worst

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity is the absolute worst

My 2 year double play contract is up, and my price jumped far too high.

Xfinity makes it absolutely impossible to see what options are available w/o going through customer service. 

When I use the website, it tells me there are NO packages for Internet+TV only, which is obviously untrue.  It tries to upsell me to a triple play package.

I figure maybe I'll subscribe to YouTube TV and use Xfinity for internet service only.  The only internet package the website will present to me is some obscene 2Gb package for $300/mo. 🙄

If I log out of my account and do a pseudo-enrollment using a neighbor's home address, I find multiple packages.  Yet for some reason they prevent their current paying customers from seeing these.

In my opinion, this deceitful shell game they're playing is borderline criminal

As a last resort, I have had good results by going directly to the Xfinity "Ask Tom" website.  I shouldn't have to email the Executive VP's office just to get the bare minimum assistance needed to service my account, but it has worked in the past.  Now, I can't even get them to reply to my emails.

It's insane if you stop and think about it.  I'm just trying to pick a new package at a decent price.  Xfinity is an internet service provider and it's the year 2020, yet I've been working on this for *weeks* and still have not made any progress on something that *should be* just a few clicks on a website. 

In the meantime, I just got another month's sky-high bill and a late notice for last month's.  For crying out loud Xfinity, it's not like I haven't been trying.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity is the absolute worst

Hello nicedream06, 

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. I am part of the Comcast Communities team and I want to do my best to improve your experience. Let us take a look together into what options are available to your account for the internet and our tv service or internet only. You have reached the right place for help! 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!