Community Forum

Xfinity Runaround

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Runaround

Today, I chatted with 2 Xinfity reps. I am struggling financially because I am underemployed with a wife out of work and 2 kids. First, Alfredo, told me I qualify for Internet Essentials for I think he said $9.99 a month and gave details about it and he provided a link to sign up.  I thanked him and clicked link that took me to Xfinity website where I entered my name and address and was told via statement on the computer screen that I am not eligible for Internet Essentials because I am a current customer. Alfredo knew I was a current customer so why did he offer something if it is not available to current customers?! So I started a new chat and got Xfinity agent Rahul and had to tell him everything I told Xfinity agent Alfredo ten minutes before. Rahul offered a $75+ package that most likely required a lengthy commitment and auto bill pay which I cannot do.  That was the best Rahul could offer. In his 6/18/20 letter to customers, Comcast CEO Dave Watson stated this as one of the company initiatives "offering two months free service to low-income families."  My annual income & family of 4 is low income. My monthly bill is $100+  for basic program and I've been charged late fees.  Why won't Xfinity/Comcast give me 2 months free service per CEO's offer, lower my bill to Internet Essentials and waive late fees?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Runaround

I'm just another customer, but I'm guessing the reason for the confusion is that all these special COVID things are currently set to end on June 30th. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No confusion here, strega7, I am just expecting Xfinity/Comcast to provide me what their agent today 6/27 and the CEO 6/18 say I am eligible for.  I'd appreciate hearing from someone who actually works at Xfinity/Comcast if you don't mind. 

Highlighted
Expert

@Cyrahjake2018 wrote:

No confusion here, strega7, I am just expecting Xfinity/Comcast to provide me what their agent today 6/27 and the CEO 6/18 say I am eligible for.  I'd appreciate hearing from someone who actually works at Xfinity/Comcast if you don't mind. 

Unfortunately, not all of the agents understand the qualifications for Internet Essentials. 

"Internet Essentials is a program for families and other low-income households who currently do not subscribe to Internet at home. Xfinity Internet customers are not eligible for Internet Essentials."

Here are the qualifications.

I am sorry that you were misled by the agent.  You "may" qualify because you consider yourself low income, but because you're a current internet customer you actually don't qualify.  Also, as per the qualifications above unless you meet those qualifications you also wouldn't be considered for Internet Essentials.  As for the two free months of service, that is for new customers of IE:

"Comcast today announced it will continue to provide 60 days of free Internet service to new, eligible Internet Essentials customers. Originally set to expire on June 30, the free offer will now be available through the end of this year."

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for sharing. Looks like I will be switching to a different internet provider.