Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity In-Home Service Visit Fee

New Poster

Xfinity In-Home Service Visit Fee

I was checking my bill and I see a $70 charge for an in-home service visit fee.  I have to echo my frustration when I see similar postings from so many other Comcaest customers.

The issue seemed to be resolved the night before the visit but there was no change to anything of mine. I have my own modem and my own router, and my internet access via Xfinity was running fine for two months prior to an unstable line issue.

I'm not sure why I'd get charged $70 when the issue was on Comcast's end. None of the equipment of mine got touched or changed and the issue seemed to go away the night before the technician visited. I have no way of checking what he did other than that nothing was changed on my end and the issue seems to have gone away.  When the technician came to my house, he couldn't find anything wrong with my equipment and confirmed that the coax cable into my house/property was a new dedicated one without splitter.  He indicated perhaps another technician "tightened some cap on the street level equipments" and that everything is working fine now.

When I contacted Comcast service rep via chat, he reported that the technician put down a code of "customer equipment problem" but when asked on what the technician said he fixed, they couldn't provide any details.  He then offered a $35.00 credit. 

I am puzzled, if nothing was changed on my end, why am I being charged for Comcast's network maintenance? Isn't maintaining the network the job of Comcast, as they are the ISP, and I am just paying for internet access?   Am I being penalized for using my own equipment?  I am absolutely certain the technician didn't change any line/equipment settings on my property.  While it is possible that he put down the wrong code, there is no way for me to verify that with the technician.

To any other posters who have similar issues, do we need to record a video of whenever the technician comes into our house to prove that they didn't change/fix anything inside our home?  Or would it be sufficient to just get a copy of the work order confirming that they didn't change anything inside the house?  

By the way, to other fellow victims of Comcast's extraneous in home service fees, it might make sense to file complaints at BBB and FCC, as this is something I am also considering. 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity In-Home Service Visit Fee

Filed complaints against BBB aand FTC and received a call from Comcast with the same claim of their technician "fixed" an issue with customer owned equipment when in reality the technician did nothing at all.  Looks like a customer has no recourse when the technician is either lying or put down the wrong code and decided to stick to his version of the story.  Very disappointed, but then again, had I known this is how Comcast operates, I would have video recorded/phone recorded the technician's entire visit.  To anyone who might be using your own equipment, do your self a favor and record the entire visit to save yourself trouble of fighting spurious Comcast charges.