Community Forum

Xfinity In-Home Service Visit Fee

New Poster

Xfinity In-Home Service Visit Fee

I was checking my bill and I see a $40 charge for an in-home service visit fee.

The issue seemed to be resolved at the visit but there was no change to anything of mine. I have my own modem and my own router, but my speed tests directly from my modem which was directly connected to the cable hookup were not coming in properly and were spotty.

I'm not sure why I'd get charged $40 when the issue was on Comcast's end. None of the equipment of mine got touched or changed and the issue seemed to go away after the technician visited. I have no way of checking what he did other than that nothing was changed on my end and the issue seems to have gone away.

Not only that, the tech was supposed to visit my building to check the power levels on the cable line, which they didn't do. Again, if nothing was changed on my end, why am I being charged for Comcast's network maintenance? Isn't maintaining the network the job of Comcast, as they are the ISP, and I am just paying for internet access? Either that, or I should be credited back for the days where the internet did not work properly. I don't think it makes sense for you to charge for both.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity In-Home Service Visit Fee

Hello, I can assist you further from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.