Community Forum

Xfinity - ETF Fees

New Poster

Xfinity - ETF Fees

Back in end of July 2017 we sold our old home and entered into a contract to build a new home (6 month timeframe).  I had spoken with several customer service reps, and eventually had our service put on a hold.  A week after closing, I received a call from our local Xfinity store that the person who bought our house wanted to establish service so we needed to cancel ours.  The store offered to waive the ETF fees as long as we re-established service at our new home.  We agreed.

A month later, we received a bill from Xfinity for $558 for the ETF fees.  I spoke with my contact at the local store, and she ensured this would be waived as long as we re-established by 2/28/18.  Two months later, we recevied a collections notice for the $558 amount.  I was informed that this was an automatic process, and that it does not take into account the notes on my account, and that still, those fees would be waived once we re-established.

Our closing was supposed to be 1/24/18 but the builder had to cancel.  Our 60-day credit report expired 1/28 and the new closing is scheduled for tomorrow 1/29/18.  My lender pulled a new report, which showed the collections, which caused my middle score to drop over 80 points.  Through an entire day of sweating, the lender was able to agree to waive all their commissions and fees so that our rate or amount to closing would not change.

My questions are:

1. when we go to re-establish Xfinity service tomorrow after closing (in store) how do we ensure these ETF fees are waived?

2. how to I ensure that my credit isn't further damaged by this collections?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity - ETF Fees

Hi mikeb2727. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with reviewing your old account and the ETF's you were charged. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.