Community Forum

Would like to re-up my plan before the "special price expires" and my price is increased

Highlighted
Contributor

Would like to re-up my plan before the "special price expires" and my price is increased

My locked in rate expires the end of this month. I would prefer to stay with XFinity. Any help? 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Would like to re-up my plan before the "special price expires" and my price is increas

I posted originally on 4/17, almost two months ago. I had been uable to get anyone on the phone to help with getting a new promotion. I tried here since that is what I had to do last year. I gave all the reps the benefit of the doubt, and allowed extra time due to the pandemic. 

I posted four more times. No response to any of my posts. Hey, I have been a customer since 2013, not as long as some, but still, seven years. I only disconnected temprarily twice, when moving out of state for six months two different years, but I always hooked Xfinity up again when I returned instead of the competition. I am generally loyal to a company, that is until they do something to destroy the relationship, and even then, I will try to rectify the situation before moving on. Three years ago they abruptly shut my service off, withiut telling me. I called in and was told there was interferrence coming from my line, and it was from inside my house. FCC regulations say they have to turn it off. I understand FCC regulations, since I am into ametur radio, but I also knew there was no intereference coming from anything in my house. THey sent a tech out, and sure enough, it wasn't from my house. It was their wiring outside. The replaced my line, and all was good, with the exception that my speed was never as good as it had been, but they dismissed my complaints. That was three years ago, and I remained with the company, despite things. I am loyal, sometimes to a fault.

The past two years the company has gotten worse, raising rates, and making me play games to get a new promotion. Last year I called in as soon as the high increase came, and was told there would be a new promotion in two weeks. There of course wasn't. I paid the higher bill for two months, then found this forum. I did get help here, though the rep on the phone should have been the one to help me. I do feel bad for the reps who work these forums, they have to deal with the customer after the customer gets upset at the bad service, or rather no service, on the phone. 

That brings me to this year. I sent this post before my promotion was up, and after trying other means. No response in almost two months tells me what I need to know. Comcast doesn't really care if they retain customers, they can play the new customer game. I have paid my bill, always on time, and paid the first month of the increased bill, while waiting for a response, and am well into the second month of the higher bill, despite having zero income due to the pandemic, and as a self employeed individual, and I have yet to be able to collect unemployment. Unemployment generally isn't avaiklable to the self employeed, but for this it is, though so far, none of my self employeed friends have seen a dime. Still, we have bills, and still I paid them, on time. And increase in bill at this time though isn't very welcome. If the new price was in any way cometitive, I would not mind, but it isn't. 

Fast forward. Yesterday Verizon installed FIOS, and I was able to cancel Xfinity. I did tell them to leave the cable running into my house, so I, or anyone who might by my property in the future could easily hook Xfinity up. My price is lower than what my promotional price was for Xfinity, my price with them is not a promotion, and the speeds are better. It was a very pleasant experience with no baloney. Hopefully Comcast will get back to where they used to be in the customer service area, though in all honesty, they were never great in that regard. Something changed with  the company though, and I do not believe it is the indivuduals actually providing customer service. 

Before writing this, I carefully read the community guidlines. I tried hard to not go against any of them. I was truly a customer who would have been easy to keep. It was much more work for me to change companies, that it would have been to simply have someone here help me get a new promotion. Sadly, that didn't happen. The bad thing is, once a custmer leaves, it is difficult to get them back. It is always easier to keep customers, than it is to draw a past customer back, they left for a reason. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Would like to re-up my plan before the "special price expires" and my price is increas

I private messaged one of the comcast agents in here (you posted on that message as well) that helped someone else with a promotion. So far I haven't heard anything back.  I hope I don't find things the same way you did. My bill is currently over $250 and I've called twice.  Each time a promotion hasn't really been available.  They just take away most features I have now and cut my bill by $20. Wish me luck.

Highlighted
Expert

@dirtymoe77 wrote:

I private messaged one of the comcast agents in here (you posted on that message as well) that helped someone else with a promotion. So far I haven't heard anything back.  I hope I don't find things the same way you did. My bill is currently over $250 and I've called twice.  Each time a promotion hasn't really been available.  They just take away most features I have now and cut my bill by $20. Wish me luck.

The sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our Private Message Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Yep, which is why I never sent a private message to anyone. Sorry, but the customer service with Comcast is deplorable. I got reported last year for sending a private message, despite being helped via private messages by that individual. I am feeling even more happy that I severed my ties with this company.

Now, if one Comcast employee would actually apologize for not responding to my posts over two months, I might consider coming back one day. If not, no skin off my back. If just one would actually apologize for the oversight, then that would very possibly change my attitude towards the company. Of course in just a few days I have already moved at least one more person away from Comcast, and will endeavor to move others as well. I speak to thousands a year, so who knows what affect only one person can have. 

Thanks for posting to say private messages are taboo, and yet not acknowledging the absolute disregard for a long time cutomer. Well played. 

Customer service in relation to Comcast is an oxymoron.