Community Forum

Why should I pay my plan bill of 300Mbps, when I average 20.8 Mbps or less daily?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why should I pay my plan bill of 300Mbps, when I average 20.8 Mbps or less daily?

I have complained about this for over 1 month, and nothing from Comcast other than the STUPID electronic voice stating we are working less do to COVID. How id that possible, you never worked before.

I find it difficult to pay for a plan I am not close to receiving the service. Modem rebotts spuratic 4 times a day. I setup a wireless printer hardcoded the IP, as soon as the modem reboots the IP stays, the Printer is lost.

My internet speeds: 19.5 Mbps -  Plan is 300 Mpbs. Over the weekend I got up to 200 Mbps, but the issue is clearly in my house and not outside. We can not send a technician till the COVID is fully resolved. This issue is outside. I WANT A LOT OF CREDIT ON MY BILL, UNTIL THIS IS RESOLVED.

JShekell_0-1591016769793.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why should I pay my plan bill of 300Mbps, when I average 20.8 Mbps or less daily?

I have added screen captures showing the current speed I am receiving. This speed does not  make working from home a viable solution.

So, I have alredy started looking at other options for other providers in my area.

I wonder if I can get a job at Comcast I can sit at home and tell the customer to reboo their modem, and then tell them if that does not fix the issue, it is clearly them and not us.

Then expect a 100% customer satisfaction score, ebven though I did not provide a resolution. With my current speeds I can address maybe 2 calls a day.