Community Forum

Why is my internet charges increasing every year?

sarvagya
New Poster

Why is my internet charges increasing every year?

I have been a customer of Comcast for two years now. My initial bill (promotional, of course) was $39.99, which increased to $54.99 next year. Now it has shot up again after the end of second year. I understand that the first changes in price was from promotional to regular fare, but why did I increase again at the end of second year? I just use Internet, and it is bloody costly for the services  I get. Why is my bill increasing?

strega7
Regular Contributor

Re: Why is my internet charges increasing every year?

You can check your regular rates here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/

In my case, the regular rate was $70, the new customer promotion was $30, and after the first year it jumped up somewhat, and then at the begining of the 3rd year, it went to full price.

ComcastMichael
Official Employee

Re: Why is my internet charges increasing every year?

Greetings, @sarvagya! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day! I certainly understand how frustrating it can be when the bill is on the rise. From what it sounds like you were on a promotion that did a step increase year over year. I would like to see what we could do for you to bring that price down. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!