Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Why does the cost jump SOOO much from year to year for existing customers??

New Poster

Why does the cost jump SOOO much from year to year for existing customers??

Why does the cost of service jump SO much from year to year for existing customers?? I just got my bill and it jumped about $30. I currently have the Triple Play. I called Xfinity billing looking for some help, but the agent was of no help whatsoever, and could only offer me a break on a Latino package. I am not a latino household and have no use for that type of package. I don't even want most of the channels in my current package, but there are no options at all for me?? This seems like a slap in the face for good, existing customers.  I'm considering closing my account completely. Has anyone else had a similar experience --or could offer any alternative suggestions. The price for simple cable and internet is becoming absolutely ridiculous!

Regular Visitor

Re: Why does the cost jump SOOO much from year to year for existing customers??

LET's all disconnect    they will sign new customers at a lower rate anyway so I guess they just prefer to lose the old customers that have been paying for 15 + years

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Frequent Visitor

So it looks like it has been 6 months since this was posted. Does Comcast have a better way to retain employees than customers? I would like to know how much an internet only service from Comcast would be and I have 150 extreme but don't have nothing close to 150 mbps download....Can you tell me what I am "supposed" to have for download? 

Official Employee

Hi ecksteinaj. Our Extreme 150 tier should provide 150 Mbps down. If you are not achieving that speed, I can assist with troubleshooting. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.