Community Forum

Why do I still see TV fees on my plan even after dropping TV?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why do I still see TV fees on my plan even after dropping TV?

Yesterday I took the plunge and dropped my TV package, only retaining internet at the Performance tier. When checking my account tonight, specifically the details at My Xfinity plan, I see that the internet charge is correct at $70, but to my dismay I still see that the Regional Sports Fee, Broadcast TV Fee, Regulatory Cost Recovery, TV Franchise Fee and TV Sales Tax are still listed under Services and Taxes (and the same amounts as on my latest bill prior to me canceling TV), even though I no longer have any TV package. Why are those still there and what do I need to do to get them off my plan?

New Poster

Re: Why do I still see TV fees on my plan even after dropping TV?

Same here, $24.95 total tv fees and tv taxes after changing to internet only.

Expert

@Dencoot wrote:

Same here, $24.95 total tv fees and tv taxes after changing to internet only.

Depending on when you made the change your bill may have already been generated, which is why you would still see the charges.  Pay the existing bill as shown* and your next bill should show a prorated charge.

*Failure to pay the bill as shown will generate a late fee which is a hassle to get reversed, so it is easier to pay the bill and then have charges on the next bill prorated.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you for the answer. This was indeed the case; these fees came off the next bill, in fact I went to an Xfinity store, and theiir system apparently gets more frequent updates than what I see as a customer, it was already off in that view.