Community Forum

Why did my bill jump $30!?!?!?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why did my bill jump $30!?!?!?

Why did my bill jump $30!?!?!  What unauthorized doo-dad did Comcast just add to my service!?!?!?  THIS is why I want to cut the cord.  This.  This right here.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why did my bill jump $30!?!?!?

Mine jumped from $30 a month to $70 this July and continued in Aug after my one year mark. That’s more than double. I just noticed it the other day. Bad business. The current “normal” low rate is only $50. I called and they told me they would help me get the bill down after “getting approval”. So now with auto pay and a 12 month plan “approved” I get a $40 a month charge. Honestly I should get refunded $40 for each of the last two months they charged me $70. All of this means that that they upped my bill by more than double until I caught on. It seems they “charge whatever they want” as long as you don’t catch on and call them. The best part about it is I specifically asked during my initial setup if the $30 would go up after a year and the guy said no “it would simply continue to repeat as $30 a month till I cancel or change plans.”
Seriously though, why would they be justified to do a promo for $30 a month then raise it to $70 which is “beyond” their lowest plan of $50? I could understand if they honestly said after 12 months your plan goes to the lowest current rate but that obviously didn’t happen. To make it even worse, I currently see their new Ad offer for new sign ups is now $20 for 12 months. Are they really going to offer them that, then jump it up to $70 after 12 months?That’s just wrong.