Community Forum

Why did my bill go up without my knowledge and now I'm being forced to pay it?

Highlighted
New Poster

Why did my bill go up without my knowledge and now I'm being forced to pay it?

My bill randomly increased by about $70 dollars even though I was on a contract for 24 months through February 2021. When I called in they began to try  and sell me a new package and said the contract I was on just wasn't there (basically said I don't know what happened). I'm being told I need to pay this higher amount which is ridiculous. Why am I being forced to pay more than what I normally pay?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why did my bill go up without my knowledge and now I'm being forced to pay it?

Hello, I've been with them for a couple of years and just noticed my bill went up 60..00 this month. I'm thinking of just jumping ship and going back to Verizon, their service has improved in my area and I have them for phone service anyway.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Why did my bill go up without my knowledge and now I'm being forced to pay it?

@Mychelle7 wrote:

My bill randomly increased by about $70 dollars even though I was on a contract for 24 months through February 2021. When I called in they began to try  and sell me a new package and said the contract I was on just wasn't there (basically said I don't know what happened). I'm being told I need to pay this higher amount which is ridiculous. Why am I being forced to pay more than what I normally pay?

Did you look at your entire bill to see why it increased by $70, or just look at the bottom line Pay this amount?  Always read your entire bill every month because the notes should tell you about any impending increases in your bill, among other things like channels being removed.

If you were on a promotion, which can last 3 or 6 months, or a year, and that promotion expired it would cause your bill to increase.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

If either of you have further specific questions regarding your billing situations, please let us know by creating your own new post. There can be various reasons why the bill went up, specific to each customer and the circumstances on their account. If your promotion rolled off, you're welcome to reach out to us for assistance in checking for a new promotion to get into. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!