Community Forum

Why did my bill change?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why did my bill change?

I just looked at my July bill and you didn't charge me any "taxes, fees and other charges".  Why?

I tried using 'xfinity assistant' but it can't access my account.  And, of course, Comcast is using the Covid excuse to no longer provide any customer support via telephone for billing.

I'm aware that Comcast promoted 'no data caps' for April-June and then twisted that to 'we will ding you retroactively in July if you went over your data cap in April, May or June'.  My concern is having established this precedent, you are going to not charge me the 'taxes, fees and other charges' for several months and then demand payment retroactively as you are doing to those customers who fell for the 'no data cap' scam.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why did my bill change?

Addendum: Comcast sent me a text message saying 'Your user role doesn't have access to manage this account's billing preferences....'.  My account page says this about my user role:

UserRoleUL.png

What user role do I need to have to manage my account's billing preferences if 'Primary' doesn't work for that?

Comcast sent that text as a consolation for their refusal to allow me to speak anyone to provide telephone support for billing issues.  I remember at one point I had 2 options; return to the main menu (basically, end the call) or receive a text.  Neither option was helpful.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Why did my bill change?

Oh, that's right.  The 'insert photo' function doesn't work.  Forgot about that.  Here's the text of what your website says about my user role:

Primary

Enjoy unlimited access and permissions.  Make changes to your plan, pay your bill, manage your billing preferences, update WiFi settings, and much more.  Plus access the Xfinity Stream, xFi, My Account and Xfinity Home apps.