Community Forum

Why am I being charged a Regional Sports Fee and a Broadcast TV Fee for my Internet?

New Poster

Why am I being charged a Regional Sports Fee and a Broadcast TV Fee for my Internet?

I just removed TV from my Xfinity account. I was told Performance Pro internet would be $81 as I am an existing customer and no promotions apply.  Then I see this on my new bill:

Regional Sports Fee

$6.50

Broadcast TV Fee

$7.85

Why am I being charged this as I have no TV and I am not watching any sports with Xfinity?  

Expert

Re: Why am I being charged a Regional Sports Fee and a Broadcast TV Fee for my Internet?

@Bigbrowndog wrote:

I just removed TV from my Xfinity account. I was told Performance Pro internet would be $81 as I am an existing customer and no promotions apply.  Then I see this on my new bill:

Regional Sports Fee

$6.50

Broadcast TV Fee

$7.85

Why am I being charged this as I have no TV and I am not watching any sports with Xfinity?  

If you just removed cable from your service, chances are your new bill was generated before you did that, so you would still see the charges.  However, make sure you pay the bill as stated, because if you don't you might be charged a late fee.  Your next bill should reflect any prorated charges and be correct for your current service.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Why am I being charged a Regional Sports Fee and a Broadcast TV Fee for my Internet?

Hello Bigbrowndog. Thank you for posting on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing your account for these fees you seen on your billing statement. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I clicked on your name and see no easy way to send you a PM.  Please provide more details

Official Employee

Bigbrowndog - 

Sorry about that! You should be all set to send a PM now. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.